I want to start a Malignants army...

JulietPapa

I think that group has largely been subsumed into nighthaunt, and massively expanded upon in the process. The original star collecting set is thus a bit of an anomaly at this point. It's not a bad set, but you are probably better starting with th the Soul Wars and Storm strike boxes instead as they give you a more balanced set of new nighthaunt models, and the newer parts of the range. A far more limited set of models were available when the Malignants box came out.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Probably the best bet if you look at a completely malignants force, the Legion of Grief would probably be best, as all of Nighthaunt and the Mortis Engine can be there. If you just want to use Spirit Hosts and Hexwraiths, plus a few Nighthaunt units and Mortis Engine, you could just go for any of the Legions of Nagash legions, but if you want to include anything beyond that with the malignants keyword, again, Legion of Grief is the only way except just going Nighthaunt.

Unluckyly as it has beeen said Malignant in not a faction. So you could choose toplay a variant from legions of Nagash, Nightahuunt or Legion of Grief.

I think the beest suited is the Legion of Grief.

Eventually if you are interested here you can find some information about the Legion of Grief: