Seraphon Allies

PJetski

What allies would you consider for a Seraphon army?

I think that the Knight Azyros to re-roll hit rolls of 1 against enemies within 10" is going to be very useful since there aren't many ways to gain rerolls in a Seraphon army. This will be especially important for boosting the accuracy of low-volume, high-impact attackers like Salamanders and Stegadons.

The Lord-Arcanum's command ability to move an endless spell an extra D6" seems pretty useful in a Slann + Kroak magic domination list... you'll have lots of endless spells and lots of command points.

Some folks have thought up running a Treelord Ancient and a Branchwraith.Treelord brings in a free wyldwood which our realmshaper engine can target and it gives good line of sight blocking against shooting heavy lists. Later the Branchwraith can summon in units of dryads to help with our numbers.

On 3/16/2020 at 8:58 PM, PJetski said:

What allies would you consider for a Seraphon army?

I think that the Knight Azyros to re-roll hit rolls of 1 against enemies within 10" is going to be very useful since there aren't many ways to gain rerolls in a Seraphon army. This will be especially important for boosting the accuracy of low-volume, high-impact attackers like Salamanders and Stegadons.

The Lord-Arcanum's command ability to move an endless spell an extra D6" seems pretty useful in a Slann + Kroak magic domination list... you'll have lots of endless spells and lots of command points.

For reroll 1s to hit I would probably rather invest 40 pts into a Bound Burning Head, at least for shooting. Maybe the Azyros for heavy melee/Saurus lists? Since you don't want the enemy to benefit from the Burning Head aura.

I think Knight-Incantor with Everblaze Comet can be very interesting. It is a 240 pts combo, but potent coupled with the Comet's Call spell from the Slann/Kroak. The Knight-Incantor can auto unbind 1 spell a game. Could see it useful in some matchups. Normally it can be an issue that the Comet is thrown down outside of dispell radius, but with a Slann/Kroak you have boardwide dispells, so you can always dispell it the turn after it has been cast to benefit from the 10" radius.

• 1 month later...