Are Beastclaw raiders too.......beasty

Karchev23

14 hours ago, Malakithe said:

How does that even work lol 

Sounds like it would 'wtfsmash' everything until it came up against something with actual tactics. 

What was the placement scoring based on? 

They used Matched Play battleplans. You can asked the player himself as he is on these very forums. @Soup Dragon (Paul Whitehead) has been one of the most consistent/top Destruction players in the UK since the AoS Tournament scene picked up.

I hope you draw 5 opponents who use the Sylvaneth formation to cap your shooting range at 12 inches for the first battleround, then double turn roflstomp you.

More seriously, you are going to get eaten alive by a Flesh Eater Courts army with the 5+ ward save across the board.

At this rate High Elves are going to get popular again and we'll see all Phoenix+Phoenix Guard armies. 

46 minutes ago, Malakithe said:

New list via battlescribe messing around...

FL on Ttusk 

Husk on Ttusk 

Husk on Ttusk 

5×3 yhetee...or a couple bigger units for that 6" pile in

Regular Ttusk 

Too much Ttusk? Lol too one sided?

I've already seen a few problems with Thundertusk spam lists...

• If you don't go first, many opponents will eat you alive. It just takes a couple wounds to take those Thundertusks go down to D6 wounds instead of 6.
  • If you face Stonehorn spam, you'll kill one, then get trampled, haha.
  • If you face Bonesplitterz, 28 mortal wounds will kill surprisingly few models.
  • Scoring Objectives is a massive pain in the butt.

I really do like Thundetusks, but I think 2 Huskard on them is plenty, otherwise you're just playing a skew list hoping you don't go against many other builds, and relying on going first.

Yeah you're in trouble if they go, Nagash/Arkhan and for my summoning pool - endless blocks of Skeletons and Zombies to soak up those mortal wounds. Ditto Bloodbound who can routinely chuck out 100 wounds or more at 2000 points. 

33 minutes ago, Nico said:

Yeah you're in trouble if they go, Nagash/Arkhan and for my summoning pool - endless blocks of Skeletons and Zombies to soak up those mortal wounds. Ditto Bloodbound who can routinely chuck out 100 wounds or more at 2000 points. 

Exactly, too many common weaknesses for me to bother with that level of gimmick. That said, it existing in the meta is enough to make me second guess taking Gordrakk... which is a bummer.

40 minutes ago, Malakithe said:

Question...when it comes to the Olwyr Alfrostun would I need to pay for that plus the included Eurlbad?

Yes, nothing is free in this game. If it says you must take something, you must also pay for that something. That makes the Olwyr Alfrostun a minimum of 1940 points, so you only have the option to add 2 Sabretusks, or be 60 points down in a 2k game. You're also generating more artifacts than you have Heroes to put them on.

25 minutes ago, Malakithe said:

Next question lol what would be a decent 'competitive' battalion?

For Beastclaw Raiders? You don't really need one. That said, I like the Skal and both the Jorlbad and Eurlbad, I just wouldn't bother with either of the Alfrostun. The Eurlbad is obviously the choice for trying to maximize damage output, but I like the speed that the Jorlbad adds to the army, plus re-rolling battleshock, while it wont come into play often, can be amazing, saving even 1 Mournfang is saving 100 points from running off the board.

Archived