How can i achieve the colors in The Light of Eltharion’s armo

Kirby

The Lumineth hero  The Light of Eltharion has some lovely looking  creamy armor.  

Could someone explain how i could achieve that effect either with contrast or regular GW paints?

I heard whites are difficult to paint well.  Is this going to be difficult for an inexperienced painter?

Thanks 🙏🏻 

E535A443-9542-4D4F-A03D-83425D588FD0.jpeg

C1CE1B69-472A-498F-A159-D80FC5858AAD.jpeg

I think its not so much whites you want but cream working up from a light brown to cream/beige colour and white being the last hightlight colour

Contrast paint would help you doing the stones etc set on the armour.  Wraithbone and snakebite leather/Contrast medium around the edges to shae armour may work but would be very fiddly and may need lots of touch ups where the armour has been stained by the Snakebite..

Edited by hammer49
  • Thanks 1

Just to highlight that this is an 'Eavy Metal paint job, so you're not going to get the exact recipe unless one of the 'Eavy Metal painters share it (the app is populated by the WHTV team).  They teach that it's easier to darken a light colour than lighten a dark colour.

My own interpretation is it'll be a base of something like Ushabti and the shadows glazed in using baneblade brown into mournfang or rhinox, then a few edge highlights with palid wych flesh or similar.  It's also entirely possible that the base colour is a special mix - that's pretty common across the bits they paint