Boon of Mutation and new keyword

Ricecookie

Question

Hi!

Can Boon of Mutation add Skyfires and Enlightened to a unit of existing ones or does it only work on the normal Tzaangors? With the new Battletome they change the spell to work on the keyword TZAANGOR. There aren't any models with that precise keyword. It's either TZAANGORS, TZAANGOR ENLIGHTENED/SHAMAN/SKYFIRES. How does keywords work, is it enough if it includes the keyword like TZAANGOR ENLIGHTENED? 

5 answers to this question

Q: Sometimes a keyword will be listed in its singular form in one place and its plural form in another. Are the plural and singular forms both considered to be different keywords? For example, are the Bloodletter keyword and the Bloodletters keyword different keywords?

A: No. The singular and plural forms of a keyword are synonymous for rules purposes.

From the "CORE RULES Designers’ Commentary", December 2019

I'm very new to this game so for me it seems weird that a unit that is a Tzaangor doesn't have the keyword for it. Why do you think they changed the spell to having a keyword if it not to include Skyfires and Enlightened? If it was to still be meant to only include normal Tzaangors why even bother changing it?

On 1/7/2020 at 3:35 PM, Ricecookie said:

I'm very new to this game so for me it seems weird that a unit that is a Tzaangor doesn't have the keyword for it. Why do you think they changed the spell to having a keyword if it not to include Skyfires and Enlightened? If it was to still be meant to only include normal Tzaangors why even bother changing it?

The reason for the change is maybe if they want to add new Tzaangor Units with other weapons or want to Split the Warscrolls Weapon Options. So the Keyword would be the Constant.