Does Comet of Casandora Roll Against Unmodified Move Characteristic?

Tidings

Question

Comet of Casandora reads as follows: "pick 1 enemy unit within 18" of the caster that is visible to them and roll 2D6. If that roll is less than or equal to that unit's Move characteristic, that unit suffers D3 mortal wounds. If the roll is greater than that unit's Move characteristic, that unit suffers D6 mortal wounds."

I understand this to mean the unmodified move characteristic, but it depends on how modifying movement works. Say for example that Cogs are active, is the +2 movement modifying the move characteristic or is it just an extra +2 when you move?

4 answers to this question

2 minutes ago, Sedraxis said:

Cogs modifies the move characteristic.

Comet looks at the move characteristic, it doesn't say unmodified so Cogs makes it harder for the comet to deal d6 mortal wounds.

Ah wow I dunno why I assumed I knew it so well lol. Thanks for pointing that out. If something doesn't specify that it modifies the move characteristic, but just says "+3 to move" or "move an extra X inches", would it work the same way?