Standing of stormcast

Spyro_Killer

Hey, as they are the standard bearer army of age of sigmar I had expected to see my store's tables buried under stormcast but I'm yet to see an army of them on the table so I'm curious are they a competitive army? Admittedly my latest project is a pure devoted of sigmar army so competitiveness isn't the be all and end all for me ha

SE is balance, has decent saves and attacks, but lack of crazy ability to play (things like magics or D6 mortal wounds like Skaven). It is a good army to start with and easy to play.

As for competitiveness I've seen SE scored victories more than defeated so far in my local store. So I think it's varied store by store.

I found them to be very competitive as well, to the verge of brokenness.   Liberators and prosecutors are fine.  The judicators and paladins are very very deadly.  The worst offenders in my opinion are the stormcast characters who are extremely well armored and can dish out a lot of mortal wounds.  Just look at the saves of the Lord Celestant on Dracoth.  To make things worse, Stormcast characters can be healed as well.

I still haven't won a game as Stormcast Eternals, but I have a blast every time. My collection is mostly starter boxes and the Start Collecting box, but things are starting to look up since I got the Knight-Vexillor. Now that my Retributors can actually get into combat I don't get quite as blown out of the water every time.

7 hours ago, Dracothjay said:

What's a typical lineup for an all out offensive stormcast army? Without the stardrake, I don't have him yet lol.

Depends if you go a formation or not. If you don't then the obvious route is 3 * 5 Judicators as Battleline, a castellant or two then a vexilor and a big unit of retributors. Points left can then go on Dracoths, stardrakes, more paladins etc as required. 

Quite commonly though you'll see the Skyborne Slayers formation. Often with a celestant prime in tow. 

I'd say that's the two most common variations I've seen around. 

Archived