Marrowgar Legion (Ossiarch Bonereapers, better name pending)

Arcian

Hey all, I know it's a bit premature but I wanted to go ahead and start this up ahead of time. Mainly to give me motivation to paint and continue to paint this boney boys once I have them. 

The inspiration I had for this army's scheme came from, unsurprisingly, Lord Marrowgar of Icecrown Citadel fame. I always loved the ethereal blue glow coming out of the bones. And since @Sception made a mock-up of the crematorium  scheme, but blue instead it really made me desperately want to try and create that. 

I'll either be trying the black bones, with the blue inner glow or standard bones with the blue glow. I'll do a test model of either to see which I would prefer to kill myself over doing for all of them. 

For the base, i'm thinking a rocks and snow. And the weapons, most likely am going to try xerus minis iceblade recipe. Unless that might be a bit too much on the blue side? 

marrowgar.png

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So i've been slowly churning away, and almost have 10 mortek guard complete. Though i'm running into an issue... i'm not sure what to do with the tabards and straps on the weapons.

In the above picture, I went with blue. But the more I look at it the more I think (maybe that's too much blue). Could be because it's the same shade as the armor? I thought about trying a different grey tone, but it blended too much with the bone... Maybe trying a red since it contrasts with blue? But i'm not sure if having bits of red would detract too much from the "Cool" tone of the bones.

• 4 weeks later...

Not... The best lightening but I finally got ten of these boys done and just had to post them! I'll try to get some better shots.

I haven't had a lot of time to paint, which makes me rather sad. But really proud of what I've gotten done so far turned out! 

I'm also trying something out with Das, trying to spread it out and letting it dry to make "slate" rocks. Anyone have any experience with this?

IMG_20191216_234509.jpg

IMG_20191216_234526.jpg

On 11/23/2019 at 1:17 PM, NinthMusketeer said:

BOOOONNNEEEEEEEE STTTTTOOOORRRRMMMMMM!!

Sorry, couldn't resist.

At any rate, looking great! I think you are right that the cloth being blue gives a bit of a 'blue overload' with the metal being blue as well. I bet the brown looks much better.

I shot a better pick of one of them, o really like the brown tabards 

IMG_20191217_221255.jpg

• 4 months later...

So haven't posted anything here for awhile.  Mainly because I wasn't happy with my scheme so after getting some inspiration I've been working through my minis again. 

Though to be honest the new scheme doesn't really fit the name, but I don't think it would be appreciated if I made a separate thread for the same army so here we go! 

The new scheme is heavily inspired (ripped off) from the Eternals of Amonkhet. But I wanted to keep the cold/ice bases for them. 

Haven't taken a shot of my guard yet, I have ten done but I'm kinda wanting to get a full squad of 20 done before posting them. But I do have a harvester and soulmason to tease you all with 

IMG_20200412_211430.jpg

IMG_20200412_211425.jpg

IMG_20200412_211419.jpg

IMG_20200412_211413.jpg

IMG_20200412_211408.jpg

IMG_20200303_011128.jpg

IMG_20200303_011140.jpg

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

3 hours ago, Arcian said:

So haven't posted anything here for awhile.  Mainly because I wasn't happy with my scheme so after getting some inspiration I've been working through my minis again. 

Though to be honest the new scheme doesn't really fit the name, but I don't think it would be appreciated if I made a separate thread for the same army so here we go! 

The new scheme is heavily inspired (ripped off) from the Eternals of Amonkhet. But I wanted to keep the cold/ice bases for them. 

Haven't taken a shot of my guard yet, I have ten done but I'm kinda wanting to get a full squad of 20 done before posting them. But I do have a harvester and soulmason to tease you all with 

IMG_20200412_211430.jpg

IMG_20200412_211425.jpg

IMG_20200412_211419.jpg

IMG_20200412_211413.jpg

IMG_20200412_211408.jpg

IMG_20200303_011128.jpg

IMG_20200303_011140.jpg

Very nice, I like the metallic blue bone, combined with the gold and that darker silver... really makes it stand out. Definitely keep on updating, I like the army so far!