Prospective new player!

banimal

Hi Grand Alliance community!

I'm a former 40k/Fantasy player who's thinking about dipping a toe into the Age of Sigmar. I was a little turned off by the initial rules, but with 2nd ed and the endless spells and so forth it's been growing on me. Contemplating a few different ideas for a force:

1) A cities of Sigmar army based around the  dispossessed I still have (gotta convert all those old warriors to longbeards I guess!) 

2)A Stormcast eternals army themed around the Iron Lords/Iron Banner from Destiny(Gun metal and forest green all around!)

3) A Legion of Night army based off the Wild Hunt from Witcher 3: Vampire Elves and their hunting packs with some elite wights as their foot soldiers.

Also kind of love the look of the Kharadron and some of the Idoneth, and I'm flirting with the Bonereapers as a concept.

Edited by banimal

Dwarves, Stormcast, Legion, Kharadron, Idoneth and Bonereapers-  yep that should be enough armies to keep you addicted and locked into AoS for a good while yet! :) 

Welcome to the site! Of all those you list only the Kharadron aren't on the 2.0 system at present, though chances are they will get a new updated Battletome early next year (AoS is going to, at present it seems, end 2019 with Kharadron, Seraphon, Slaves to Darkness and Tzeentch all on old battletomes - every other army should be on 2.0 with Cities and Orruks released today, Bonereapers later this month and strong hints that Ogres will get a new Tome and release later this year). 

6 hours ago, banimal said:

I'm a former 40k/Fantasy player who's thinking about dipping a toe into the Age of Sigmar. I was a little turned off by the initial rules, but with 2nd ed and the endless spells and so forth it's been growing on me.

Don't dip! Dive right in and join us! Yes-yes :)

Edited by PiotrW

8 hours ago, banimal said:

I'm a former 40k/Fantasy player who's thinking about dipping a toe into the Age of Sigmar. I was a little turned off by the initial rules, but with 2nd ed and the endless spells and so forth it's been growing on me. Contemplating a few different ideas for a force:

1) A cities of Sigmar army based around the  dispossessed I still have (gotta convert all those old warriors to longbeards I guess!) 

2)A Stormcast eternals army themed around the Iron Lords/Iron Banner from Destiny(Gun metal and forest green all around!)

3) A Legion of Night army based off the Wild Hunt from Witcher 3: Vampire Elves and their hunting packs with some elite wights as their foot soldiers.

Also kind of love the look of the Kharadron and some of the Idoneth, and I'm flirting with the Bonereapers as a concept.

Kharadron and Disposessed seem like a good match for Tempest's Eye. Now the batallion is Outriders and Pistoleers, but if you just stick the old Thunderers on horses, you'll do well as them.