Best/Worst Warbands

Erdemo86

12 hours ago, Acid_Nine said:

did you mean reason, friend?

Nighthaunt seems to be a little lower on the power scale, but they are tough and not once have I managed to kill the spirit host in that warband. I usually win against them with my Untamed beasts because they have high toughness but low strength and ability to wound (though the FAQ change may have helped that.)

Idoneth can be great! I only played a nearly all eel list and as long as there is no objective to hold, they can kick ass quite ell, and are a pain to kill! Unfortunately I would need to get some extra thralls in order to really try them out to see if they are good.

Interesting you find Nighthaunt on the weak side. I’ve won a silver and bronze medal with them using two Spirithosts and a bunch of Chainrasps. I’ve found their flying to be super useful and the Spirithosts often throw people off. The ability to raise the dead also means that as long as the leader is alive I find people struggle to kill them.

I haven’t played against Untamed with them but I have gone up against them with DoK who I found to be quite strong against them as they basically match a lot of Untamed Beasts strengths whilst also having a very strong leader to take out anything that can actually threaten them.

Just because Nighthaunt isn't as killy (except those Spirit Hosts!) doesn't mean they're bad. The whole team flies so they give no sh*ts when it comes to terrain placement. They just fly straight through to capture objectives and that's a majority of what this game is about. Bringing models back is frustrating to play against too

• Like 1

Hey, it was just my experiences playing against them. Could be that the player wasn't playing them correctly. I just found that warbands that hit really hard tend to do better because of the crit chance and the fact damage could pile because of it.  They are fast and have some interesting strategies, but so far I wasn't impressed by them. 

Edited by Acid_Nine

11 hours ago, Acid_Nine said:

Hey, it was just my experiences playing against them. Could be that the player wasn't playing them correctly. I just found that warbands that hit really hard tend to do better because of the crit chance and the fact damage could pile because of it.  They are fast and have some interesting strategies, but so far I wasn't impressed by them. 

Yeah it a balance thing for sure. 

You need every activation count, and when you are relaying on getting 2-3 doubles a turn, or a double and a triple everyturn its hard. I know many dont want to play with their 80pt base guy, b.c the triple to summon is "using the triple for the spirit hots" but you still need 1 of them IMO, you just need bodies and activation's in this game. Even just throwing that guy away to body block (which is a very good tactic) can change the game completely vs not having that throw away body. When i told a friend i would always include one of them, he was dumbfounded, "why take him when for a few more points i get something that is much better" well b.c you are spending more points and you dont have any options to get it back. 

Yes the Spirit Host is really good, but when you lose b.c of lack of bodies and activation's it doesnt matter.

But now with the Merc/allies i think taking a Knight of Shrouds is almost a must and dont take the Spirit Host anymore, on average it will do more with a double than the spirit host can with a triple, leaving the triple for something else. This gives you more options, and one of those options is more activation's/bodies.

At least that is my 0.02c