Battleline for a Mixed Destruction force

Lucio

I've been putting together lists with a strong BCR presence and I am finding it hard to look past units of Savage Orruks and /or standard Ogors. Personally I will be running with:

2x 10 Savages

1x3 Ogors with Ironfists

This feels like a solid core which also counteracts the inherent low model count of the BCR faction. My idea behind the unit of Ogors is more of a footprint concern as they can fit in a small piece of terrain on my board side. They are hey are less susceptible to battleshock due to having the odd wound chipped off.

Also, due to being 3 models they also do not provide the bonuses a lot of the warmachines get for targeting 10 or more models.

22 hours ago, AmonRa said:

What are people's thoughts on gitmob grits with bows as battleline? 

100pts gets you 20 guys with a decent shooting attack that can sit on an objective? For my ogors I think they could free points for more killy stuff and provide a little ranged support.

At 40 guys it becomes interesting with a +2 to hit making them much better.

IMO they ar just not reliable.

Yeah, they get to hit on 3+, if you pack 40 of them. But they still wound on 5+.

I wouldnt count on them.

2 hours ago, Sadysaneto said:

IMO they ar just not reliable.

Yeah, they get to hit on 3+, if you pack 40 of them. But they still wound on 5+.

I wouldnt count on them.

Actually, rolling more dice makes them more statistically reliable. With 40 of them shooting, you're doing ~8.889 wounds per volley, which for their cost, is very acceptable.

Compare them to Judicators, you get 60 Gitmob Grots for a little less than 10 Judicators. 60 grots hit with 40 shots, and wound with 13.333... 10 Judicators with Boltstorm Crossbows that are stationary cause 1/2 that, only 6.667, if we factor in 2 Thunderbolt Crossbows, you're still only at 9.333. Granted the Judicators have a lot of other things going for them, with 2 wounds, 4+ save and so on, but when it comes down to it, point for point, the Gitmob Grots deal more damage just through sheer volume of attacks.

1 hour ago, thediceabide said:

Actually, rolling more dice makes them more statistically reliable. With 40 of them shooting, you're doing ~8.889 wounds per volley, which for their cost, is very acceptable.

Compare them to Judicators, you get 60 Gitmob Grots for a little less than 10 Judicators. 60 grots hit with 40 shots, and wound with 13.333... 10 Judicators with Boltstorm Crossbows that are stationary cause 1/2 that, only 6.667, if we factor in 2 Thunderbolt Crossbows, you're still only at 9.333. Granted the Judicators have a lot of other things going for them, with 2 wounds, 4+ save and so on, but when it comes down to it, point for point, the Gitmob Grots deal more damage just through sheer volume of attacks.

believe me, i have both.

it might be just me, but i hit way more with judicators. Like wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy more, than i do with grots (Its not hard to only wound 3 rolls out of 40 grots and then, theres the save).

Like i said, it might be just me and my horrible rolling hand, but ill take 10 judicators shots (crosbow = 160 pts) +3/+4 over  60 (300 pts) +3/+5 any day of the week :)

With bows, we are talking about 5 +3/+3 with -1 rend.

Anyways, were talking about battleline - I wount spend 300 pts in one single battleline unity.

Take orruks, for example -  they cost 100 pts, exactly the same as grots, you got 10 shots that can be +4/+4, and dont need to triple the points to be "playabe".

I can use 3 units of 10 orruks with bows - 300pts and still expect them to hit somethin.

Gorts, you´d need 3 units of 60 - 900pts.

38 minutes ago, Sadysaneto said:

Like i said, it might be just me and my horrible rolling hand, but ill take 10 judicators shots (crosbow = 160 pts) +3/+4 over  60 (300 pts) +3/+5 any day of the week :)

It would have to be your rolling hand, because 10 shots on 3+/4+ is way worse than 60 shots on 3+/5+, you're only talking +1 to wound for 50 less shots, haha.

55 minutes ago, thediceabide said:

It would have to be your rolling hand, because 10 shots on 3+/4+ is way worse than 60 shots on 3+/5+, you're only talking +1 to wound for 50 less shots, haha.

yeah, it might be. But thats how it goes. :)

And again, judicators are not bl for destruction.

Orruks are. And Id take 3 unities of 10 models for 300pts, fill my bl minimum and have 30 +4/+4, than take one unity of 60 grots for 300pts, get 60 +3/+5, and still have to spend pts on another 2 bls.

Hell, i dont play with 60 grots unities on my grots army, lol.

And, oce more - my rolling hand sux. It sux real hard, lol

Archived