Leader Required???

Zedrenael

Question

When you take a warscroll are you required to take a leader for the unit? For example Legion of Azgorh Fireglaives, do you need to take a Deathmask in the unit?

In the core rulebook under units and command models it says that you "can" take uniquely named champions not that you must. Does anyone have a definitive answer?

6 answers to this question

12 minutes ago, zilberfrid said:

Not having my books in the tent, I say you can, up to the limit in the text, but need not (but you probably want to). Not the definitive answer you seek, I know.

For instance the Deathmask has a 8" gun with 4+/4+/-1/1 while the Fireglaives themselves have a 16" 4+/4+/-1/1. Why would I take a leader that halves the range of the long rifle with the exact same profile. I would just want another Fireglaive.

1 hour ago, Zedrenael said:

For instance the Deathmask has a 8" gun with 4+/4+/-1/1 while the Fireglaives themselves have a 16" 4+/4+/-1/1. Why would I take a leader that halves the range of the long rifle with the exact same profile. I would just want another Fireglaive.

You are correct. It seems leaders for chaos dwarves are not as competent as better mustached ones!

Compared to their troops that is. Freeguild leaders are strictly better.

Now that I read the warscroll better, the leader seems mandatory. You can probably just make that the first one to fall.

31 minutes ago, zilberfrid said:

You are correct. It seems leaders for chaos dwarves are not as competent as better mustached ones!

Compared to their troops that is. Freeguild leaders are strictly better.

Now that I read the warscroll better, the leader seems mandatory. You can probably just make that the first one to fall.

He changes the gun to a pistole with less range to get a slightly better close combat weapon, from Pyrelock Fireglaive's Bayonet-cleaver (1 attack 4+/4+/-/1) to Ashsteel Hand Weapon (1 attack 3+/4+/-1/1)

• Thanks 1