A few questions regarding the Everchosen

T e e t h p a s t e

Hi all,

1) Can Archaon's command ability trigger the command abilities present in the General's Handbook 2019?

2) If I have three Gaunt Summoners, can they each use Book of Profane Secrets to bring in more units, or is it ruled that it can only be used once regardless of how many Gaunt Summoners have the ability.

3) What weapons are best for the Varanguard? I am aiming to kit them with 1 felspear and 2 ensorcelled weapons per 3.

4) Which units are considered "best" to summon via the Baleful Realmgate?

5) Is there a limit to how many Baleful Realmgate's I can bring to a game?

Regards,

Jack

Edited by T e e t h p a s t e

12 hours ago, T e e t h p a s t e said:

Hi all,

1) Can Archaon's command ability trigger the command abilities present in the General's Handbook 2019?

2) If I have three Gaunt Summoners, can they each use Book of Profane Secrets to bring in more units, or is it ruled that it can only be used once regardless of how many Gaunt Summoners have the ability.

3) What weapons are best for the Varanguard? I am aiming to kit them with 1 felspear and 2 ensorcelled weapons per 3.

4) Which units are considered "best" to summon via the Baleful Realmgate?

5) Is there a limit to how many Baleful Realmgate's I can bring to a game?

Regards,

Jack

Hi Jack,

I'm afraid I can only answer a couple of these as I've never used the gaunt summoners within my everchosen.

1) I do believe his command ability explicitly states that it's command abilities found on the units warscroll.

3) Personally my suggestion is all fellspears, you want to be charging with them and the amount of damage fellspears can put out (especially if getting hit & wound rerolls or bonuses e.g. archaon being present and then using an unmarked shrine prayer to reroll 1's for hits and wounds, or a bloodstoker whip for reroll wounds) fellspears really will hit hard and nasty with their higher damage and superior rend. If you do want to mix then maybe 2 spears and 1 ensorcelled? But spears are very tasty, especially if you can get extra attacks on the squad (e.g. bloodsecrator)

Hope this helps!

3 hours ago, Lightbox said:

Hi Jack,

I'm afraid I can only answer a couple of these as I've never used the gaunt summoners within my everchosen.

1) I do believe his command ability explicitly states that it's command abilities found on the units warscroll.

3) Personally my suggestion is all fellspears, you want to be charging with them and the amount of damage fellspears can put out (especially if getting hit & wound rerolls or bonuses e.g. archaon being present and then using an unmarked shrine prayer to reroll 1's for hits and wounds, or a bloodstoker whip for reroll wounds) fellspears really will hit hard and nasty with their higher damage and superior rend. If you do want to mix then maybe 2 spears and 1 ensorcelled? But spears are very tasty, especially if you can get extra attacks on the squad (e.g. bloodsecrator)

Hope this helps!

No worries, any help is great! Thanks for the swift reply.

• Like 1