AOS App Query

Hey Everybody

Apologies if this has been brought up in another thread but can't find it

I wondered that if you have bought a physical copy of a Battletome/Realmgate Wars book etc, can you redeem it via the app so you can have it on the app also, with out paying for it again obviously

I think I heard Ben Curry mention this but could be wrong

Thoughts/ comments or am I be far too hopeful

Cheers

MJ

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I get the issues with converting hard copy to ecopy, but my bugbear is that (at present) there's no link up between BL and the app, which considering both run off an email address should be relatively simple.

That and the (term used advisedly) gouging on allegiance abilities.

I get the concept of the basic battlepacks being cheaper than the book (e.g. Sylvaneth battlepack £12.99, book in app £17.99), but not sure how the battlepack inc. allegiance/artefacts can cost £19.99 when it unlocks identically to the book.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

They will need to overhaul their app a big time to do that.

I'm OK with purchasing separately as I only buy a book I want to collect (my faction battletome, for example) and buy battlepack in the app.

What I want from app is that, as we can get points displayed in the app, why it can't calculated the points and conditions (as per Battlescribe does) for us?

I mean, come on, it's just mere summation calculation and easy rules to program. It can save us a lot time iterating a roster.

32 minutes ago, Lissë-Prime said:

They will need to overhaul their app a big time to do that.

I'm OK with purchasing separately as I only buy a book I want to collect (my faction battletome, for example) and buy battlepack in the app.

What I want from app is that, as we can get points displayed in the app, why it can't calculated the points and conditions (as per Battlescribe does) for us?

I mean, come on, it's just mere summation calculation and easy rules to program. It can save us a lot time iterating a roster.

The App, as written is an eBook reader, with a search function, my collection and store functions built into it. It's written to allow centrally produced PDF's to be rolled out.

In programming terms, that's a million miles away from a roster application, as different as Word and Excel are to each other. They could write such an application, and make it look similar, but it'd be writing a new application, and it woukd be difficult to get them to talk to each other securely

1 minute ago, Lucio said:

The App, as written is an eBook reader, with a search function, my collection and store functions built into it. It's written to allow centrally produced PDF's to be rolled out.

In programming terms, that's a million miles away from a roster application, as different as Word and Excel are to each other. They could write such an application, and make it look similar, but it'd be writing a new application, and it woukd be difficult to get them to talk to each other securely

There are already points value per each warscroll if you purchase the General Handbook with in app.

When you add a warscroll into My Battle, it also displays point value.

You can add a null table in the app.
When adding warscroll to My Battle, copy points into the table. When remove a warscroll from My Battle also remove points.
Additional + and - button can be added to each warscroll in My Battle to add more than minimum number of unit or multiple units.
Sum the total points in the table.

For army condition, add a Role parameter to each warscroll and add an option to choose army size. Then check the condition for those requirements. AOS has very simple conditions: just numbers of Role. No complicated conditions like 40K or other games.

Yes it will takes time and resource to do this and you can say it's almost like creating a new application, but it's not much more than adding functions such as searching and other functions which is added a lot since version 1 of this app.

On the other hand, to be able to get free ebook in the app when purchasing the book, it involves a whole code redemption system and adds a lot of printing cost, which surely many times investment than a roster function. Plus GW would lost most of revenues made from the app.

Archived