Starting Chaos Slaanesh - a general thread

Overread

So I'm aware the tome isn't out yet (so close) but I'm debating on what direction to take my Slaanesh force and would welcome some ideas based on the armies performance before and also upon what people feel based on the information that has come out regarding the new force already. 

Right now I've got 

2 Infernal Enrapturess

1 Masque (finecast)

1 Herald (finecast)

30 Deamonettes organised into a single force with 1 leader, 1 icon, 1 banner and 1 hornplayer*

15 Seekers with full command *

10 original metal seekers (hoping I can think of a way to convert them to represent their full command on the model rather than having to use regular seekers with them)

1 Exalted Chariot (unsure if I want to put a herald on or not - also wondering if there's a neat way to convert/modify to let me swap herald or regular mount - same for seeker chariots)

2 Seeker Chariots 

6 Fiends of Chaos (new plastic I've  got another 6 in metal though they need rebasing to use)

Right now I've got some temptation to grab another Wrath and Rapture half for another Infernal and 3 more fiends, however whilst I love both those models I'm wondering, esp after the general points price rises that have gone on, if its really worth it in the long run to go that way or if I'll end up with 3 fiends and an enrapturess that I won't use all that often and would have been better to just get more getting started for the chariots instead. 

Battletome is, of course, a must have purchase, whilst the Fane and Endless Spells are both highly desirable ones rules wise. After that I feel like I "want" to focus on things like the twins and their mirror, or the new prince.
However part of me wonders if it wouldn't be best to, instead of going for shiny new things, go for 3 more starting sets. That would give me another 30 deamonettes and 6 chariot kits to work with. The only "waste" would be winding up with another 15 seekers which I might not have a use for; or which might only see use in niche lists. 

So which should it be? Is a 3rd wrath and rapture set worth it; should I chase new shiny things or go for building up a greater solid core of the army 

*I'm aware the limits for those are based on model count, however I dislike the visual image of having loads of support units within a block of infantry so I keep them to 1 per unit" where the model limit allows, of course. 

I'm sharing your thoughts, the same issues as you on whether to get another Wrath and Rapture, so can't help you much 😛

However, I feel the enrapturess, if summoned close to the fane, can become a good DP generator (summon close to the fane, earn 1D3 DP, sacrifice a wound, earn a DP, reroll to hit and shoot on a monster for further DP). Daemonettes and seekers are still good. Remains the fiends, that might be too costly for their role now (210 for 3, what will be their role?)

As I see it fiends are an elite style choice - strong hitters that require some finesse and protection; too expensive to just throw away and possibly not tanky enough to run solo just charging around or holding objectives on their own. 

The 210 price is quite steep, though with summoning in the mix one has to remember to keep some excess in teh collection to have wriggle room to make summoning choices. Though until we get proper general ideas of how many depravity points the army generates and at what rate and what quirks there are to generating more etc.... it can be hard to plan for summoning. 

I don't think Slaanesh has any bad daemon choices at the moment, so something like W&R or a SC wouldn't go amiss. However, the new shiny things will be more fun to paint and they are all really solid; monster mash seems a solid strategy so focussing on the heroes (esp the KoS) is a good (if pricey) choice :)

I like this idea. I'm struggling at even the thought of painting my emerging Slaanesh forces.

Back on track with the thread for overread, make sure you save cash for that new KoS.  That's my next purchase until I figure how I like a list to look.

And I think another start collecting box (with 10 Daemonettes and more cavalry, plus a chariot option) would do you well.

Tell us how it goes.

Archived