Can a Wyldwood Break A Unit's Coherency?

themortalgod

Question

For a Wyldwood, lets say I have a unit of 5 Evocators running through? Do I just roll 5 dice and for every 1, a model is slain?

My friend is insisting that I must roll individually for each specific model and if I happen to roll a 1 for the model in the middle of the unit I have to remove that middle model which breaks coherency and destroys half the unit.

Looking at the warscroll's wording, it seems to suggest he is right but this seems super powerful to me?

thanks

4 answers to this question

RAW he is right. It’s a really powerful rule and yes it could happen to break coherence in a unit if it gets really unlucky rolls.

If this had a case of being mortal wounds suffered there would be an argument toward being able to distribute the wounds differently. But as it says each model and slain on  a 1 yeah the rules are for FairPlay you roll each model individually that passes into the wyldwood 

while it seems powerful it only happens on 1s so unless you have a lot of bad luck it will do very minimal damage as long as it is not your multi wound models going through.

1 hour ago, themortalgod said:

For a Wyldwood, lets say I have a unit of 5 Evocators running through? Do I just roll 5 dice and for every 1, a model is slain?

My friend is insisting that I must roll individually for each specific model and if I happen to roll a 1 for the model in the middle of the unit I have to remove that middle model which breaks coherency and destroys half the unit.

Looking at the warscroll's wording, it seems to suggest he is right but this seems super powerful to me?

thanks

Looking at he seems to be right as it reads: roll a dice for each model ... on a roll of 1, the model is slain. 

As a tip to mitigate it. Try not to set up the models in a line but stagger then a bit  so if one dies. The two to his side are within an inch  

Archived