Kharadron Overlords - Really That Poorly Written?

Sleboda

Question

Hi all,

I am putting together my Overlords army and have noticed several rules that feel like they are supposed to work together just going by feel (I mean, Navigators navigate on ships!), but the wording appears to leave things open to be just plain dumb. So, I am asking for input.  They all revolve around Navigators on ships:

1) Is a Navigator visible to the ship upon which he is embarked? (Aetheric Navigation)

2) Can a Navigator that is embarked unbind spells?

3) Can a Navigator cause an Aetherstorm while embarked?

7 answers to this question

As far as I recall embarked units don’t count as being on the battlefield. The exception is with one of he arkanaughts shooting profile letting everyone onboard shoot their weapons.

but no the navigator cannot unbind while he is on a ship because he isn’t on the field. Nor can he use aetherstorm 

The KO Frigate rules on the AoS app also state that unless otherwise stated on their warscroll any units embarked on the Frigate cannot do anything nor be affected or affect anything on the battlefield 

its not really that is is badly written just that they took the same rules from 40k regarding transport vehicles. Have the same problems with trying the keep heros safe and using their abilities 

Everything embarked is essentially in reserve. So no he can’t. But the ships just need line of sight, so that makes him better as a backfield hero now that unbind is 30”

13 minutes ago, King Taloren said:

As far as I recall embarked units don’t count as being on the battlefield. The exception is with one of he arkanaughts shooting profile letting everyone onboard shoot their weapons.

Can you source that?  Because I’m pretty sure that’s not a thing. 

7 hours ago, Kramer said:

Can you source that?  Because I’m pretty sure that’s not a thing. 

I was thinking of Open Topped vehicles in 40k, cause KO is the only ones with transports. I thought there was something similar with KO but was mistaken. 

4 hours ago, Sleboda said:

So a navigator inside a ship cannot be seen by his crew or any part of the ship, but if he walks a mile below it on the ground, he's well spotted.

Rule fail.

Oh well.

Like I said it’s the same exact rules in 40k for vehicles and units embarked on them even if it seems logical they should.

10 hours ago, Sleboda said:

So a navigator inside a ship cannot be seen by his crew or any part of the ship, but if he walks a mile below it on the ground, he's well spotted.

Rule fail.

Oh well.

If the navigator is in the ship he can’t use his equipment to measure wind speed and such due to the movement of the ship impacting the readings. If his stands on solid ground he can. If the captain of a ship has line of sight, he can see the signal flashes with the help of a telescope while the navigator uses his zyphyroscope to advise the captains. 

#Readingtheflufffail. #It’srightthereonthewarscroll. #noteverythingisbadaboutKO #dontassumejustcheck

oh well...

Archived