Multiple save roll from "protection of the dark gods" ( chaos warshrine )

Nizrah

Question

8 answers to this question

4 minutes ago, Nizrah said:

Does  chaos warshrine protection stack? Can i bring 3 and have 3x 6+ sv?
I already asked this in STD thread but due to conflicting answers i want to bring it to the wider audience. My local TO says its stack what  i think its very dumb and shouldn't work thats way.

If yes/no source plz.

std.jpeg

Does not stack. "A warshrine", not "THIS warshrine".

8E37CA05-1BEA-4381-A3BF-00EE76606D7C.png.0b960b51c3688956e8a0e543599d6cd1.pngYup these guys have it. It doesn’t stack and only reason to bring more than one is to cover more table but doesn’t offer multiple saves. It’s just like deathless minions for death allegiance. It only looks for a hero. You don’t get to roll for every hero near the unit. Think it was even FAQd

Edit: found it 

3 hours ago, King Taloren said:

8E37CA05-1BEA-4381-A3BF-00EE76606D7C.png.0b960b51c3688956e8a0e543599d6cd1.pngYup these guys have it. It doesn’t stack and only reason to bring more than one is to cover more table but doesn’t offer multiple saves. It’s just like deathless minions for death allegiance. It only looks for a hero. You don’t get to roll for every hero near the unit. Think it was even FAQd

Edit: found it 

I do no think that the answer to the Deathless Minions question you posted is relevant here, since Deathless Minions' wording is completely different from the Warshrine´s one. In my view the answer simply lies in the wording of Protection of the Dark Gods, as others have suggested. But to be honest, I am not 100% sure they are right - at least from a "hard evidence" standpoint. There are a lot abilities out there with a clear "any" wording, for example every kind of Standard Bearer/Musician abilities. It would be nice to have a clear precedent to settle this topic - otherwise it is, in my opinion, a good candidate for FAQ clarification.

1 minute ago, King Taloren said:

The wording of Deathless Minions is: If you are within 9” of A hero or your general.

The  wording of the chaos  warshrine is: whilst in range of A warshrine. 

The wording is very similar 

It does not say "A hero" anywhere. It says "[...]within 9" of your general or another friendly DEATH HERO[...]".

Archived