Summoning and special unit members

Isotop

Question

Is there any clear explanation in the rules wether summoned units are allowed or are not allowed to contain special unit members like "champions", "standard bearers" and "musicians"? Using the standardized description from WHFB here since those models have different names for different units in AoS - I hope it is clear what I mean. 

3 answers to this question

2 hours ago, Isotop said:

Is there any clear explanation in the rules wether summoned units are allowed or are not allowed to contain special unit members like "champions", "standard bearers" and "musicians"? Using the standardized description from WHFB here since those models have different names for different units in AoS - I hope it is clear what I mean. 

Well, logically, if you can summon a particular type of unit and the Warscroll for that unit allows for the inclusion of command models such as Leaders, standards and musicians, then a summoned unit can contain them - up to the number allowed, of course.  I don't think there is an explicit sentence, but that's the way it's been played as far as I'm aware.

5 hours ago, Aelfric said:

Well, logically, if you can summon a particular type of unit and the Warscroll for that unit allows for the inclusion of command models such as Leaders, standards and musicians, then a summoned unit can contain them - up to the number allowed, of course.  I don't think there is an explicit sentence, but that's the way it's been played as far as I'm aware.

Yeah, that is how my intuition presented it to me as well. I have a problem with the word "logically" at this place since summoning abilities do not tell you to pick up the corresponding warscroll and follow its restrictions. Summoned units´sizes may vary from the discription on the warscroll/the Generals Handbook as well. 

I believe you'd need to find something telling you *not* to include the special models.  As it is, it says something like "one unit of 10 Plaguebearers" - at which point you'd consult the warscroll to see what models a unit of Plagueberarers would contain.  If you were required to field some subset of a normal unit of Plaguebearers, using fewer options than what the warscroll says, you'd need to be told so explicitly.

Archived