Endless Legions Summonable Rule?

CaptainSoup

Question

4 answers to this question

@CaptainSoup it is still a summoning ability. It just works very differently from daemon summoning, and is also built mostly around bringing units back, rather than bringing in additional units. 

Exception to this being sacrament (maybe other legions also have it), where if they wipe out a unit near a graveyard they get a chance to summon in a unit from that graveyard. Something like that. 

Point being, it's limitations are expressed internally, not via principles presented in a different army book ;)

I think I have some more clarification. Endless legions isn't really a summon as I'm bringing a unit already destroyed back to life.

By limitations I mean by other armies that summon. For example if a demon army summons a new unit it has to be the minimal amount of models for that unit. There are no rules for death and summoning so we were kinda going with what other armies deal with in their summoning.

But I've kind of answered my own question in that the ability isn't an official summon per se. The rules are just really vague because the units I can bring back have the SUMMONABLE keyword.

On 10/27/2018 at 11:59 AM, CaptainSoup said:

By limitations I mean by other armies that summon. For example if a demon army summons a new unit it has to be the minimal amount of models for that unit. There are no rules for death and summoning so we were kinda going with what other armies deal with in their summoning.

Daemons don't summon minimum units, they summon units of specific sizes depending on how many of the relevant points you invest on their relevant charts.

Archived