Thoughts on the Shadespire warbands in AoS2?

Lucky Snake Eyes

So I own the sepulcral stalkers because i wanted some nicer models in my skeleton horde and i've been considering getting the thorns of the briar queen. I've been wondering how useful they'd be in actual matches. I know the sepulcral stalkers would have to be taken as allies, which is fine since they have their own revive mechanic and thus don't need as much babysitting from heroes and i don't run many allies outside of banshees. The briar queen i believe has the nighthaunt keyword so would also be an ally and seems like a decent spellcaster/ranged combatant. The thorns themselves just seem like meh non-battleline chainwrasps tho. Thoughts?

12 minutes ago, Lucky Snake Eyes said:

So I own the sepulcral stalkers because i wanted some nicer models in my skeleton horde and i've been considering getting the thorns of the briar queen. I've been wondering how useful they'd be in actual matches. I know the sepulcral stalkers would have to be taken as allies, which is fine since they have their own revive mechanic and thus don't need as much babysitting from heroes and i don't run many allies outside of banshees. The briar queen i believe has the nighthaunt keyword so would also be an ally and seems like a decent spellcaster/ranged combatant. The thorns themselves just seem like meh non-battleline chainwrasps tho. Thoughts?

you can't use the sepulchral guard on a Legion of Nagash army since they don't have a Legion keyword and also can't be taken as allies.

It's the same things for Nighthaunts you can't use them because only soulblight and deathlords are allies for them.

The only way to play sepulchral guard is in a Death allegiance army.

For the Thorns they can be played in Legions as allies if you want! ;)

Briar Queen is very interesting since she's a pretty unique model, arguably a better Banshee since she can actually hurt high Bravery models with her high rend shooting attack. Technically if you separate the cost of her from her minions, she is the cheapest Non-Magic Item Wizard for NH.

Sepulchral Guard is technically useless you really really want to run GA Death. They specifically FAQ them into oblivion for NO GOOD REASON! ☠️ So use them as Skeleton Warriors/Grave Guard (or maybe even as a Wight King).

• 2 weeks later...

Archived