Black Knight Horde - LoS or GHoN?

Mutter

Hi there,

I'm planning my list with 2x 15 Black Knights at it's heart - rest is wolves, a Necromancer, 2 Vampire Lords (or one and a Wight King) and a Lord on Zombiedragon.

Now I'm debating whether to run this as a Legion of Sacrament or a Grand Host army.

LoS:

- +3" move every hero phase

- killing an enemy around a gravesite will give a +4 chance to return a unit

- and, the biggest one, +1 to cast

GHoN:

- +1 attack to one/possibly both Black Knight troupes (potentially saving 2 CP a turn!)

- on 5+ every turn another chance to return models

I'm really torn, I guess the good thing is I can just try both out, but still wanted to pick your brains which one you would prefer. I was dead-set (haha) on LoS (that + to cast and the movement is yummy) till I noticed that Lords of Nagashizzar is a) not a CP-ability, but always on, and b) effects potentially both units. That's pretty nuts.

And a rules question, too: does the sentence "You cannot pick the same unit to benefit from this command ability more than once per hero phase." from the FAQ mean that I never give a unit more than +1 with Blood Feast, or does it mean that I need two VL to trigger it twice on a unit?

33 minutes ago, Mutter said:

"You cannot pick the same unit to benefit from this command ability more than once per hero phase." from the FAQ mean that I never give a unit more than +1 with Blood Feast, or does it mean that I need two VL to trigger it twice on a unit?

It's the first one. " I never give a unit more than +1 with Blood Feast ".

The sentence in the FAQ should prevent from stacking the command ability multiple times on the same unit.

Personally, I'd say GHoN is a no brainer, though, imo 3 units of 10 is better than 2 units of 15. Its very rare you will have enough frontage to get 15 mounted bases in combat. 

Also, if the +1 to cast is a huge deal to you just bring a corpse cart for 80pts. Its re-roll really ups the odds of bringing back 2 wounds summonables and gives you a big +1 to cast bubble. 

Archived