Ridiculous value for money; Slaanesh.

Waiyuren

So I've been wanting a Slaanesh army for a while, and pure daemons too so I can take up 40k again, but you know; poverty/parenting/adult responsibilities... ?

I was able to scrape enough cash together recently to pick up a start collecting box however, so i decided to see how far i could stretch the contents. I ended up with:

10 Daemonettes

5 Hellstriders/Seekers (depending on the game; 40k doesn't have hellstriders)

2 mounted Heralds

1 Herald on Exalted Chariot (the warscroll doesn't list the exact number of seekers in the model, soooo... ?)

Enough chariot parts to build a slaaneshi themed chronomantic cogs, and enough herald parts to build two more on foot...

I did use some bits from elsewhere; a few shields, chains for whips and spare bases, but still that's what, 660pts? From a 380pt boxed set? I'm super chuffed. ?

1539562629250184236592.jpg

15395628170981928871251.jpg

1539562855267624791764.jpg

I had a similar idea for making a hellstriders unit, but dont care for thr hellstriders themselves. Looking at how you have pulled it off has me convinced it is a must. 

Great job on the builds. I do not know about you, but those axels were a major pain to build. 

6 hours ago, Lavieth said:

I had a similar idea for making a hellstriders unit, but dont care for thr hellstriders themselves. Looking at how you have pulled it off has me convinced it is a must. 

Great job on the builds. I do not know about you, but those axels were a major pain to build. 

Same, the models just looked... off somehow. 

I only had one minor stuff-up while building the chariot; I didn't look hard enough at the parts and tried to glue the wrong blade on in the first assembly step. After that i went ocd and separated them all out into catagories like "medium clockwise male/female", "large counter clockwise male/male" etc... I may have made it harder for myself by clipping everything off the sprues before assembly. ?

Archived