Zarbag Gitz in AoS

Antonio Rodrigues

Hi fellow destruction fans! Would like to discuss here what you thought about the Zarbag Gitz warscroll for AoS...

In my view for 160pts it looks pretty solid, the caster alone should cost 80, so for another 80 you got a netter for enemy debuffs, a fanatic to counter charges, 3 2w minis (Herder plus squigs), 3 lousy Archers just to die horribly to protect the others... look good to sit on objectives...

And the new Badmoon spell may look weak with just 3", but if you put him on a Balewind Vortex, it becames quite nice for movement control, 9" sounds much better...

What is your take? Am I too optimistic?

Cheers

AJ

160 points looks like pretty fair price for the mage and a unit of 7 models with included fanatic. But spell looks is more situational than really useful, for the first glance. It need either vortex, as you said (+40 points and still only 9"), or charged enemy that didn`t kill 5 wound shaman in 6+ save in one phase.

The thing that captured my mind is his ability with +2 to cast - it is one-use-only, Zarbag cannot cast (well, try to cast) spells with +2 all the battle. If regular shamans would be changed this way it would be rather sad.

Also, both new shamans, Fungoid and Zarbag, have close combat oriented spells, could it be a sign of how GW would develop Moonclan in general? Many crazy and cheap grots that are rushing into enemy and create madness and carnage? ?

the way I think you use him is to surround him by normal grots and when the enemy charges the unit you can bring him in safely by piling him and using his 2' reach (or use Rampant destroyer to charge an enemy unit in the hero phase) to get him into range to use his spell in the next hero phase. though I think Balewind and Spell portal are just as good options.

I think the biggest strength of Zarbag's gitz unit is the fact they come with a fanatic unit to block charges

Archived