2,000 Points Stormcast Eternals

Bowlzee

I've had two games with the Stormcast at 1,000 points and I'm trying to work out a good list at 2,000 points.

SCE lack models, so in the battleplans that require you to have 5 models near an objective can be quite troublesome when your trying to take the objectives in the opponents half.

Staying power of SCE with shields is pretty good. That re-roll 1 has saved me on numerous times. With lessons learnt in mind here's my list:

Lord Celestant (100) - Leader
Lord Castellant (100) - Leader
Lord Relictor (80) - Leader
Knight Venator (120) - Leader
2x Liberators 5x (200) - Battleline
1x Liberators 10x (200) - Battleline
2x Judicators 5x (320) - Battleline
Fulminators 2x (240)
2x Paladin Retributors 5x (440)
Prosecutors with Stormcall Javelins 3x (80)

Hammerstrike Force (100) - Formation

First thing I have to add, is I'm a fluff player. So not interested in the Netlists or maximising my list by putting in Celestial Hurricanum etc ;)

I like the Hammerstrike Formation as it give me the ability to deliver the Retributors up field. Prosecutors have been terrible for me in all the games I've played them in, so have opted for the cheaper option, keeping them more than 9" away will give double damage so this is what they will be doing.

Knight Venator is there to get rid of that annoying Leader that gives everyone buffs, or to take some wounds of a particularly scary Behemoth.

I love the Castellant and Relictor models so they are auto pick for me. Celestant is there for his swishy cloak and Command Ability.

Judicators will be deployed to hold objectives in my own quarter and to thin down approaching enemies. I've gone with so many Liberators because to me they are what makes Stormcast so iconic. These I will use to push up field and hold objectives and to be a nuisance. I may look at mixing up the weapon options.

Fulminators, because they are fun on the charge and give me a fast moving unit.

How is everyone else running their Stormcast?

I've played one game with GHB matched play at 2000 points and, like you, didn't go for the best (I don't really know what is yet) but for what I had painted. That's my version of fluffy I guess, if it's not painted it's not included.

Lord Celestant on Stardrake (600) - L

Lord Relictor (80) - L

Battlemage (100) - L

Knight Vexillor (200) - L

Knight Venator (120) - L

5 Judicators (160) - B

5 Liberators (100) - B

5 Liberators (100) - B

5 Protectors (200)

5 Retributors (220)

3 Prosecutors with celestial hammers (100)

So I will say that I used the Stardrake incorrectly (cautious) and wasted most of those 600 points. His ranged is awesome for picking off warmachine crew and plinking things like chariots but he should be doing that and eating lots of infantry. If you take this guy at 2000 points he should be used aggressively.

I am on the fence about protectors. My opponent had 2 monster units but they got the drop on the protectors (forest dragon lord breath is a doozy) so I can't say I've reached a conclusion yet. I do think they can potentially perform worse with starsoul maces too.

Everything else I was pretty happy with but I'm painting up concussors right now and I think I'd swap out the stardrake and take 2 x concussors with LCoD instead.

Archived