Legion Of Azgorh Mega-Thread

Ben

Thank you fellow Legionaries!  

3 minutes ago, Kaleb Daark said:

well done on getting a skullcracker.

I have been following this thread since the beginning.   I have drawn a lot of inspiration from everyone who has posted here.   I have always wanted a Chaos Dwarf army of my own, and just recently sold off a Khorne force to fund this effort.  The Skullcracker is just such an amazing model, I am excited to finally see one in person too!

• Replies 838
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, Lorax said:

So excited!  I just placed my order to officially join the Legion!  On the way is Draz, Skullcracker, Iron Daemon, 2 magma cannons, 2 deathshriekers, 2 dreadquakes, Taur'uk, Shartor, 9 Renders, 4 infernal command, 30 fireglaives, 10 infernal, and the daemonsmiths.  Looking forward to getting the resin building underway, and posting here in the future.  All Hail Hashut!

That's awesome, enjoy the process!

What do you think of this list? It is for local 1000pts tournament. I am still considering making Daemonsmith a general. It's trait vs command ability dilemma.

Allegiance: Legion of Azgorh
Leaders
Shar'tor the Executioner (220)
- General
Daemonsmith (100)
- Darkforged Weapon
- Artefact : Chaos Talisman
Units
3 x Bull Centaur Renders (180)
-Scalding Great Weapon
-Scalding Great Weapon
War Machines
Magma Cannon (140)
Magma Cannon (140)
Total: 960 /1000

If you make the Daemonsmith your general, you won't be able to use Centaurs as Battleline, which would change the whole setup of your List

Had a lot of fun with this list, though it's a bit one-dimensional (and misses the run & charge Taur'ruk ability)

Allegiance: Legion of Azgorh
Shar'tor the Executioner (220)
- General
Bull Centaur Taur'ruk (160)
- Artefact: Chaos Runeblade
- Scalding Great Weapon
- Scalding Great Weapon
Skullcracker War Engine (200)

Total: 940 / 1000
Allies: 0 / 200
Wounds: 56

You are right. I was a little tired while thinking about it. Shar'tor has to remain a general on my list. The Skullcracker looks a little intimidating build and paint-wise, but one day I will take some time off, order it and get it done hopefully.

6 minutes ago, Trayanee said:

You are right. I was a little tired while thinking about it. Shar'tor has to remain a general on my list. The Skullcracker looks a little intimidating build and paint-wise, but one day I will take some time off, order it and get it done hopefully.

The Skullcracker is the best example for paint then assemble that I've put together so far. If you're looking for a quick paint, basecoat black, spray can leadbelcher, apply a layer of nuln oil, followed by agrax earthshade, then go through and highlight the details and add color to the trim. Its a awesome model, although the daemon engine was my favorite to build and paint.

I played first real aos game yesterday against death player who played his second aos game. Low points he could not squiz something in 1000 so we played 1020. Mistakes in rules, stat rolls were made but its nice to win first game :).

Im plan to play 2000 turnament this weekend, this is list im currently thinking at

Allegiance: Chaos
Drazhoath The Ashen (320)
Infernal Guard Battle Standard Bearer(100)
Infernal Guard Castellan (120)
- General
- Darkforged Weapon & Spiteshield
6 x Bull Centaur Renders (360)
- Scalding Great Weapon
30 x Infernal Guard Ironsworn (240)
10 x Infernal Guard Fireglaives (100)
10 x Infernal Guard Fireglaives (100)
Iron Daemon War Engine (180)
Magma Cannon (140)
Magma Cannon (140)
Skullcracker War Engine (200)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 136

1 hour ago, Browncoat89 said:

I think the Skullcracker is officially gone guys. https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-US/Chaos-Dwarf-Skullcracker?_requestid=4001501

I had an angry email exchange with FW after the model was labeled as discontinued but then FW said it was just getting repackaged.  FW was not apologetic at all.  Refused to sell me parts to complete the kit I bought off eBay in a panic, although they implied they HAD the parts and were repackaging them.  Maybe they were just full of BS about repackaging, but why make that up?  This is what a monopoly gets you.  Ninnies.

I doubt they are going to replace it, it wasn't an old model that needed a new sculpt or anything. Hopefully it's not the end of the line. I'm still hoping for a battletome lol. Even if it's just one battletome in Age of Sigmar to bring us officially into the lore and out of the compendiums and no more updates after that.

1 hour ago, Browncoat89 said:

I doubt they are going to replace it, it wasn't an old model that needed a new sculpt or anything. Hopefully it's not the end of the line. I'm still hoping for a battletome lol. Even if it's just one battletome in Age of Sigmar to bring us officially into the lore and out of the compendiums and no more updates after that.

good luck with that wish, that's all our christmases come early if that happens.

I'd put more faith in a repackage that a battletome or campaign book.

It's disappointing that they just don't be honest and say sorry, it's just a pig of a model to make, the failure rate is high, and it didn't sell in great numbers so we've called it a day on the thing.

Speaking about Dreadquake. I don't know much about chaos factions, so If someone knowledgeable can help me out with ally possibilities that make our mortar more reliable, I would be glad. I am especially looking for +hit, reroll 1s, reroll fails etc.

2 hours ago, Trayanee said:

Speaking about Dreadquake. I don't know much about chaos factions, so If someone knowledgeable can help me out with ally possibilities that make our mortar more reliable, I would be glad. I am especially looking for +hit, reroll 1s, reroll fails etc.

A chaos sorcerer lord's spell gives re-roll 1 for hits, wounds, and saves. Also he has a hero ability to give another unit reroll 1 for saves. Thats the only one I know of that has abilities that will work on anyone.

36 minutes ago, NemoVonUtopia said:

A chaos sorcerer lord's spell gives re-roll 1 for hits, wounds, and saves. Also he has a hero ability to give another unit reroll 1 for saves. Thats the only one I know of that has abilities that will work on anyone.

Thanks. It is not bad, but not great either. Its a pity its a spell and single target. A small bubble would be better for multiple mortars

1 hour ago, Trayanee said:

Thanks. It is not bad, but not great either. Its a pity its a spell and single target. A small bubble would be better for multiple mortars

Hashut's Wrath Artillery Train and a Battle Standard Bearer would work for multiple mortars for a much bigger investment.

12 hours ago, NemoVonUtopia said:

Hashut's Wrath Artillery Train and a Battle Standard Bearer would work for multiple mortars for a much bigger investment.

Yeah I have run that with two mortars. It does make them hit much more reliably but you still run the risk of it only doing 2-3 damage so its still a little bit of a risky investment of points.  The damage isn't the most reliable, it's fun as hell though lol.

18 hours ago, Kaleb Daark said:

good luck with that wish, that's all our christmases come early if that happens.

I'd put more faith in a repackage that a battletome or campaign book.

It's disappointing that they just don't be honest and say sorry, it's just a pig of a model to make, the failure rate is high, and it didn't sell in great numbers so we've called it a day on the thing.

Yeah I agree with you a battletome is a real longshot. Like I said just a wish. The army has just been such an investment of money I wish they would just solidify it in the new system with at least one update ya know? Just so we could know we can reliably play it moving forward for a long time and maybe have just a few allegiance abilities and what not. But yes I agree with you it's very wishful thinking.

2 hours ago, Browncoat89 said:

Yeah I have run that with two mortars. It does make them hit much more reliably but you still run the risk of it only doing 2-3 damage so its still a little bit of a risky investment of points.  The damage isn't the most reliable, it's fun as hell though lol.

I thought so as I don't see it much in lists posted here. I just find its warscroll tempting because on paper with the bonus damage on large units it should help fighting all those FOTM blobs of vulkites, skinks and witch elves.

Just now, Trayanee said:

I thought so as I don't see it much in lists posted here. I just find its warscroll tempting because on paper with the bonus damage on large units it should help fighting all those FOTM blobs of vulkites, skinks and witch elves.

Yeah, I haven't gotten to play much since they instituted the massive unit discount for taking full unit sizes so I don't know if people are running more hordes than they used to. It is super tempting and like I said it is super fun, so I tend to include it in a lot of my lists that I play just for fun, whether or not it is reliable enough for tournament use is a whole other debate. It is a blast for fun games though, the 40" range can really be used to just give a threat range that makes your opponent change their tactics and throw them off, although it's not significantly different from the Deathshrieker. Both are fun.

Archived