Share Starsoul Mace Ideas

Turragor

So I think every stormcast player has some of the pushfit retributors - and these guys really require starsoul maces!

You only get 2 a box and each bits site I've checked is out of stock (no wonder).

These weapons are like gold dust, so I've started thinking of alternatives.

I've checked other mini ranges and I can't say the pickings are good. Haven't found any suitable quick swap.

I don't really want to build them myself as they're awkward looking and if I'm subsituting that look I may as well buy some weapon heads (mace, flail or complex axe) that are better built/sculpted and don't involve converions.

Than again, it could be easy to take 4 single blades from the decimator axe spares and glue them to a 4 sided bar in the middle...

How are other stormcast players handling this conundrum?

I built my Protectors with all glaives because I wanted them all to have that 3" reach. Likewise you could build a unit of Decimators with all axes, since I think they work better getting the extra swings against horde infantry rather than the mortal wounds. Just take the extra maces and replace the heads of two of your Retributors weapons.

8 minutes ago, Vash1313 said:

I built my Protectors with all glaives because I wanted them all to have that 3" reach. Likewise you could build a unit of Decimators with all axes, since I think they work better getting the extra swings against horde infantry rather than the mortal wounds. Just take the extra maces and replace the heads of two of your Retributors weapons.

I actually bought a paladin box yesterday because reasons.

I have 4 snap fit retributors and 2 snap fit retributor primes and 3 glaive protectors. I've 2 star soul mace 'protectors' (same helms). I usually swap out the maces between retributors or protectors.

Now I can do a number of things and I don't know which is best:

1. build 5 decimators, keep 2 star soul maces for converting more snapfit retributors
  2. build 1 protector and 4 decimators, keep 2 star soul maces for converting more snapfit retributors
  3. build 2 more star soul mace paladins and 3 decimators
  4. build 2 more star soul mace paladins 2 protectors and leave 1 for parts
  5. Other

Any ideas?

I guess it really depends on which units you want to have maces. I don't think decimators are a good choice to carry them because you want volume of attacks rather than mortal wounds - maces make them flexible but don't really compliment what they are good at. Having two with protectors is ok. 

I would always have complete 5 man or multiples of 5 squads since you will pay for them anyway. 

From what you described, I would probably build a 5 man unit of decimators with no maces, and add the two mace heads to two of the snap fit retributors and just save your extra retributor prime for conversions. That way you'll have a unit of retributors and protectors both with star soul maces and a unit of decimators to clear out chaff.

Archived