LoSaT and Bloat Toads

Warheadsbylink

Question

Am I able to use the Seraphon allegiance ability Lords of Space and Time to teleport a Bloat Toad?

LoSaT states - "In your hero phase, you can pick a friendly SERAPHON unit anywhere on the battlefield..."

Bloat toad rules say-

"Blot Toads do not count as enemy models to either side."

I'm assuming that it doesn't work as nothing states that a Bloat Toad is a Seraphon unit and nothing states that it's a friendly unit, only that it is not an enemy. Is this right?

6 answers to this question

9 hours ago, King Taloren said:

More easier answer. 

The ability specifies a friendly SERAPHON unit. Bloat toads don’t have Seraphon tag keyword or an actual warscroll so they are not capable of using this ability

Excellent and elegant answer! If I may add the way I was going for this (completely not realising the simplicity of the keyword route): The toad can´t be a unit since "Models fight in units. A unit can have one or more models, [...]" (THE CORE RULES, p. 1 under UNITS). So, the toad has to be a model to be a unit. Same page of the Core Rules, under WARSCROLLS: "Each model has a warscroll, [...]". Following from this, every entity not having a warscroll  isn´t a model ("entity" or "thing" sounding really weird here - but there really isn´t a name for what the toad is). I think we can universally say: "If something doesn´t have a warcroll, it is neither a model nor a unit".

21 hours ago, King Taloren said:

More easier answer. 

The ability specifies a friendly SERAPHON unit. Bloat toads don’t have Seraphon tag keyword or an actual warscroll so they are not capable of using this ability

Excellent, thank you.

11 hours ago, Isotop said:

Excellent and elegant answer! If I may add the way I was going for this (completely not realising the simplicity of the keyword route): The toad can´t be a unit since "Models fight in units. A unit can have one or more models, [...]" (THE CORE RULES, p. 1 under UNITS). So, the toad has to be a model to be a unit. Same page of the Core Rules, under WARSCROLLS: "Each model has a warscroll, [...]". Following from this, every entity not having a warscroll  isn´t a model ("entity" or "thing" sounding really weird here - but there really isn´t a name for what the toad is). I think we can universally say: "If something doesn´t have a warcroll, it is neither a model nor a unit".

Now that's interesting, as if that's the case then the Bloat Toad 'model' wouldn't hinder enemy movement at all, like a gravesite marker wouldn't... Which makes sense but isn't immediately intuitive. 

15 hours ago, Warheadsbylink said:

Excellent, thank you.

Now that's interesting, as if that's the case then the Bloat Toad 'model' wouldn't hinder enemy movement at all, like a gravesite marker wouldn't... Which makes sense but isn't immediately intuitive. 

Didn´t even think of this implication, but I guess you are right :)

Archived