Can you help? Size comparison needed! Gryph-hounds and Dark Riders.

Korvak

Hey guys! Hoping someone can help me out. I'm looking at doing a conversion. I want to use a Gryph-hound head on a Dark Rider's horse in place of the horse head.

Does anyone happen to have both models and could do a side-by-side size comparison for me please?

It "might" work. Gryph hounds are smaller, but their heads are on the larger side because of the feathery nature of them as opposed to being sleek like their lower body. Plus the chest and shoulders of the horse are all caped in armour so you've got a bit of leeway there as to how thick the birds neck needs to be since part of it should be coated in the plating of the armour. A little bit of greenstuff and it might work a treat.

I'd say worth a try if you can get hold of a single hound or a pack of them (and if it fails and you've got the rest of the pack well that's a start toward your own collection of hounds!) 

Spoiler

PrLdFAM.jpg

pnXf4K4.jpg

OBSD6hs.jpg

The main problem with using Stormcast mounts is that they are very broad models in terms of how their back and saddle are made. Way way broader than standard GW horse riders. So unless you can keep the stormcast legs you might have a fair bit of work to make a thinner model character appear decent atop them - remembering that the saddle (which is also suitable large) is mould to the model so you can't easily lose it. 

Archived