Do you think GW purposely increases the pricing on fragile miniatures?

Kugane

1 minute ago, Gaz Taylor said:

Same here but I don't think it's possible unless going down the custom foam route. Best way I know for such models is magnetic bases but this is no good if you need to travel via air or public transport

Oh I agree, but figure if they are selling their own cases, they must work with their models.  Or why sell them?   Maybe I'm packing them wrong?

7 minutes ago, chord said:

Oh I agree, but figure if they are selling their own cases, they must work with their models.  Or why sell them?   Maybe I'm packing them wrong?

I think it's just be very very careful. I think this video shows how to pack stuff (or how much you can pack in) but it's an artform in my opinion! :D 

Just now, Gaz Taylor said:

I think it's just be very very careful. I think this video shows how to pack stuff (or how much you can pack in) but it's an artform in my opinion! :D 

I've watched that many a time :)  

But I've noticed they mostly use space marines that fit nicely and are pretty solid.  Let's see them do that with night haunt,etc  :)

I think that the current GW cases are probably the worst way possible to carry your figures.  I've got one and unless they are totally full things do not stay in place and the larger models simply don't fit in any good way.  Plus the spiky parts snag on the foam giving you an increased chance of breaking them not a reduced one.

Transportation of GW models in a nightmare.  I've given up and just use a basic large plastic box but that is just to move them about by car.  I'd never take them on a plane.

27 minutes ago, Gaz Taylor said:

Same here but I don't think it's possible unless going down the custom foam route. Best way I know for such models is magnetic bases but this is no good if you need to travel via air or public transport

Bluetack or Patafix, guys! Thats how its done. How do you think all those fancy GD entries are transported. From single minis to huge dioramas everything ist tacked down in boxes, allowing safe transportition. Train, plane, car - all works. Hell, I even moved with that method without braking stuff, as long as you are carefull when boxing stuff up or taking it out.

FB_IMG_1533645775537.jpg.9f9d40b6f812e695e79519d2fc2a5cb4.jpg

Basically, you could turn the box upside-down and shake it without risking damage. That set-up flew to Italy and back again without damage, btw. 

10 hours ago, Gaz Taylor said:

I wish I had known that miniatures break so easily in these cases prior to purchasing though. I kind of auto-assumed that most minis would fit in nice and snug with no issues. Straight away broke 2 Fulminator spears on the first transport. Quite hard to fix too.

Archived