Hello from Thailand

Lissë-Prime

Hello.

My name is Chayuth. I'm from Bangkok Thailand. Nice to meet you all.

I've been interested in Warhammer since I was a child. 15+ years ago here in Bangkok, there was a large shop in a department store selling Warhammer miniature models (which is unfortunately closed many years back). I always come to this store just to be looking and amazed at the small but well-painted, great looking miniatures. But that time I did not afford any of them, not to mentioned I couldn't understand English well as a child.

Fast forward to last year, I and my friends decided to collect some models and found a local community to play. We played quite a few Warhammer Fantasy games nearly every weekends. I played High Elves, while others played The Empire, Chaos Warriors, Dwarves and Nurgles. We mainly played 8th edition until June, when the End Times ended and Age of Sigmar released. The community literally broke when most of the players rage-quit and looking for some other games to play. I think the reason for this is many of 8th ed players are shocked and hated AoS, while others found it is impossible to play competitively. We tried some comp and rules but it's not officially supported, so we played with doubt in mind which is not quite fun. (I myself also raged a bit because I lose Always Strike First!)

But the God King Sigmar gave me a chance to see how fabulous his army is. And I gave it a try and still playing a few games since then.

Now that the General’s Handbook is released and there’re campaign worldwide. Many of hobbyist in Thailand (existing 8th ed players or new) including my friends are coming on board and start playing again. We always play 1,000 points in the evening and larger matches in the weekend. I begin to think that Stormcast Eternals, though tough and hit hard, are having hard time fighting with some big beasts. So I tried to find more tactic and recommendation online and then found this website.

About my army, I like Stormcast Eternals pretty much because I love anything GOLD. And the all-gold army look gorgeous. So I started collecting from Starter Box although it's hard to find players to play with. It's presence alone looks great and looks greater when in a large group. My dream is to have the largest Stormcast Eternal Army in the town.

Nice to talk to you all. I’m new here. So any recommendation would be highly appreciated. And sorry about my English.

Lissë-Prime

Hi,

Thanks for signing up and sharing your expectance with Warhammer in Thailand.  

Do you know of the singer Ohmar (Cheers Cocktail)?  Apparently he plays and Paints warhammer in Thailand, I follow him on Instagram!  I'm really happy to have another international community on this site!

54 minutes ago, Ben said:

Hi,

Thanks for signing up and sharing your expectance with Warhammer in Thailand.  

Do you know of the singer Ohmar (Cheers Cocktail)?  Apparently he plays and Paints warhammer in Thailand, I follow him on Instagram!  I'm really happy to have another international community on this site!

Thank you. Unfortunately I don't know him. Do you have his Instagram? I can ask if some friends know him. We can invite him to play if he is convenience.

Archived