Khorne Crimson Crown just a heads up

Khorne Crimson Crown just a heads up

So, when The Blades of Khorne book was released there was a lot of chat about how Crimson Crown and some other abilities worked with Buffs and Debuffs. (photo below)

Did GW miss off the + after the 6

Or did they miss off the 6 or more

Or was it intended as Natural/unmodified 6.

A lot of players and Events said that it was affected by buffs and de buffs, so when you had a -1 or more you did not generate extra hits. If you had a +1 you generated an extra hit on 5 and 6.

This was all clear up by the below now OLD faq BUT now has been left out on the new FAQ. (it was at the bottom right corner of a page)

BUT now with the OLD FAQ remove ………. You now have this situation for Khornes players and T. O’s maybe.

(And the question to GW was asked if this was intended at the time, removal of this question.)

So now as written from the Crimson crown,  if you have a +1 to hit, ONLY a 5 will generate an extra attack but 6 does not. And if you have a +2 to hit, the new magic number is ONLY 4.

This is important to khorne players and for opponents who they are playing against it.

It’s very easy to fall back on the last 18 months and pick up all the dice above the now magic number and think of these as extra hits.

I never seen a single variable number that triggers an ability by buff and de buff but it’s here now.

This just seems Like a GW mistake, a paste and copy mistake. They left the last part on that FAQ out.

But this is how it is at present. I suggest using different coloured dice for the models within 8”

So loving AOS 2.

BOBO was AMAZING ? looking forward to BLACKOUT this weekend ?

Crimson Crown.JPG

6 or more.PNG

Because Players will ask " show me where it say unmodified or Natural roll of 6"

SCE, nurgle, deepkin, death  etc so many armies have -1 

Why did GW remove it ? it does not matter really but they have. Down to Club's and T.O's to House rule it now.

But if they are playing straight from the book as written then ….

6 hours ago, TheOtherJosh said:

So, given that it doesn’t have a “more than” or a “+”, why wouldn’t it just be treated as an unmodified roll of 6?

Because the core rules now specify where this is intended the word "unmodified" will be prefixed.

But then, that could be what they left out. ??‍♂️

7 hours ago, BaldoBeardo said:

Because the core rules now specify where this is intended the word "unmodified" will be prefixed.

But then, that could be what they left out. ??‍♂️

I recall that there was (and I’m not finding the faq or passage associated with it currently) a reference to how you determined if a reference was pre-or post modification in a previous edition.

Unfortunately, unless there is an “emergency faq fix” that passage is going to be verschnickered for at least 6 months. Bless the squirrels and chipmunks.

Though, given that there is no + ... the argument that it is an unmodified (or unmodifiable) Roll is at least as good as the counterpoint argument. If it was meant to be modified then it would have a + or an “or more” reference.

Especially given all this talk of a “Magic number” and as we all know, KHORNE abhors Magic. ;) 

Can it just be a modifiable six?

For example:

A roll of a natural six with no modifiers would trigger it.
A roll of a natural 5 with a +1 modifier would trigger it, but since natural 6's in these situations become 7s, they no longer trigger it.

Does that make sense? It's any roll of a 6, presumably after modifiers (since it doesn't say unmodified), but it also doesn't include 7s, 8s, whatever, since it's not a 6+. It's just any 6, modified or not, whether you got a natural 6 or got a natural 4 with a +2 modifier...

The way that is written is that if I roll a To Hit and the dice says six, but I have +1 to hit, it doesn’t go off (because I have a seven)

Or also, if I roll a natural 6 on the To Hit, but it isn’t successful (because there are enough to hit modifiers to make it not hit), I don’t get the extra attack.

27 minutes ago, SuperHappyTime said:

The way that is written is that if I roll a To Hit and the dice says six, but I have +1 to hit, it doesn’t go off (because I have a seven)

Or also, if I roll a natural 6 on the To Hit, but it isn’t successful (because there are enough to hit modifiers to make it not hit), I don’t get the extra attack.

Very unique now and will have an effect on table. ( Time , confusion and list building )

Dan, the FAQ you posted clears this up.  Khornes special niche is that we aren't restricted by unmodified rolls. You will gain extra attacks on a 6+. The same is true for the Gore Cleaver, which is an excellent weapon when wielded by the Lord of Khorne on a Juggernaught.

4 minutes ago, AngoraDemon said:

Dan, the FAQ you posted clears this up.  Khornes special niche is that we aren't restricted by unmodified rolls. You will gain extra attacks on a 6+. The same is true for the Gore Cleaver, which is an excellent weapon when wielded by the Lord of Khorne on a Juggernaught.

The faq that was posted is the old FAQ that was depreciated and is no longer in use. (i.e. it’s been superseded) That is where the problem lies ...

The seems more like an oversight than something being superseded. Probably best off sending an email to the AoS FAQ team to update these artifacts and command traits in the next FAQ. TBH, the crimson crown isn't that great anyway. It's just fun to use. 

Archived