So recently I ordered tempest of souls as an entry level for playing night haunt. The stormcast is going to a friems who collects the army. 

While waiting for the box to arrive I took a look at the points from he generals handbook 2018 and was shocked 

the night haunt side came in at 290 points and the storm cast at 520

so of at all is this box balanced for a game within its contents. My worry being the massiv  230 point difference

It's not just the point difference. It's the abilities itself.

All NH units have 1 wound all SC units have 2.

On top of that the SC units in the box have special abilities against NH units. It is as loop sided as it comes.

They pull the regular ****** making sure the poster boys in the box get a guaranteed win to attract new players to the divine SC.

Same happened to all the other boxes which included SC.

Maybe its me but at this point I think these intro boxes exist solely to bump your model count.

Especially with the stand alone "Easy to Build" Chainrasp Horde costing as much as half of the Tempest of Souls box.... Sure you get a really weird number of Stalkers and Reapers, but come on!

On 7/31/2018 at 5:27 AM, Honk said:

Maybe the Sprititual Liege is pulling strings...

or they want more Death player to focus on/get used to narrative games where they get crushed, because they are evil

The only guy at GW with an ego bigger than Nagash.  The ****** that cannot be flushed.  I sure hope that nitwit isn’t coming back to destroy AOS like he did 40k years ago.

Soul Wars was far from balanced either. Stormcast have over a 200 point advantage there, which is even bigger when you factor in the reapers being less than half strength. I had to add 8 banshees, and 6 grimghasts to the nighthaunt side, while adding two sequitors, two evocators, and taking away two castigators to even out the forces.

Archived