Spirit torment to Chainghast?

spoon_fed05

Just been looking at the prices in games workshop. The price of the chainghast box is simply a rip off. 

Has anyone tried converting the soul wars spirit torment into a chainghast? If so what bits can you use to make it look convincing? Any pictures? 

I don't have pics yet but im using the off #ed reapers from the starter as chainghast conversions. 

Remove the sythe.

Add chains with something on ends of your choice.

Use extra head options from the actual Spirit Torment and Chaingheist kit. 

They are essentially the same core design with different heads and weapons is all. 

That'll give ya x2 Spirit Torments. (Two different sculpts to break up monotony) 

X4 chaingheists. (Four different sculpts)

Just my plan. ?

Personally, I fee the NH line has been really chaotic and arbitrary with pricing as a whole. Chainwrasp Hordes feel over priced too given that they are more money than Reapers or Revenants. 

As for Chainghasts, thats an awesome idea, i had been at a loss on what to do with the 4 from my soul wars copy. Though,  I'm not super convinced on the value that they bring at 40pts per model. 

14 hours ago, twrightii said:

I did these up with some reapers. The flails are some chaos knight maces and chains from I’m not sure what. Also had to cut the heads down carefully to fit. But hey, zero greenstuffin’

95390590-F3BA-45E9-A3DF-6D7F0196AAC2.jpeg

They look really nice, can you post them when they’re painted? So there are definitely extra heads in the crawlocke box?

i need to find some chains now! 

7 hours ago, spoon_fed05 said:

They look really nice, can you post them when they’re painted? So there are definitely extra heads in the crawlocke box?

i need to find some chains now! 

There are definitely extra heads, I think 3 extra but can't be sure now since its all clipped and in a box with other bits. Once they are painted up I'll get some more pictures.

I bought the Crawlocke set and I'm happy with it. Didn't find it that expensive (I mean everything GW makes is expensive, it's not a cheap hobby). 

But I really wanted the Chainghast mini's to convert into a pair of alternate Grimghast Reapers, because I wanted more model variety in that unit. I'll be using 2 Reapers for Chainghasts... The set also comes with some cool stuff for basing and 7 heads in total.

Archived