Triumph and Treachery Cards/Mechanics in AOS

Hey all,

I want to share a new version of Triumph and Treachery that I created for use with the general's handbook. For those of you who played Triumph and Treachery back in 8th edition, this should feel pretty familiar. Basically, it's a multiplayer game of AOS with three added dimensions: Treachery Cards, Treasure Tokens, and Magic cards.

I used all the T&T rules in the General's Handbook with a few modifications:

-Players earn treasure tokens for wiping out enemy units (in shooting, combat, or in the battleshock phase if you were the last player to damage the unit). Units give treasure tokens equal to their cost in victory points (rounded to the nearest fifty)

-I used three denominations of treasure (Brass Tokens for 50, Silver Pieces for 100, and Gems for 500)

-All players start the game with two brass tokens, two treachery cards and one secret magic card

-During every hero phase, all players roll a D6. On a 4+, they earn a treachery card

-At the start of every round after the first, the player with the smallest pay chest (least amount of treasure tokens) gets 3 treachery cards, the player with the biggest pay chest gets 1, and all other players get 2

-Maximum treachery card hand size is 6

-combats are only fought by units that are engaged with units controlled by the player whose turn it is. 

-I used the deployment from the artifact scenario, placed a gem in the middle of the table (worth 500) and ruled that players could pick it up with a hero by ending the movement phase on it. If the hero dies, the token is dropped. If no hero possesses it at game's end, then the player with the most models within 6" gains it.

-I used the game length from the same scenario

-Randomly hand out players one magic item at the start of the game.

(One we started playing, we decided that the wording of some cards should be modified slightly. Basically, in the first line of the cards, just replace the words "at the start of" with "during."

If any of you want to try this game, just print off the pages attached to this document. I cut them out, slipped them into card sleeves, and put warhammer invasion cards behind them to use as backings. I also picked up some beads at a local craft store to use as treasure. Oh, and I snagged some cheap velvet pouches in which players can hold their magic item cards and treasure.

IMG_3668.JPG

IMG_3669.JPG

IMG_3670.JPG

Triumph and Treachery, Cards, Final Draft.docx

• 3 weeks later...

Archived