Hold the Line and moving

Jamopower

Question

Hi, let'sask this here as well, as the free people thread is bit quiet:

Does the Hold the line prevent the units from piling in? I somehow remember that it used to be so that "pile in move" and "move"  were different things, but apparently it's not like that any more as the rules specify "move" to be any kind of move and "normal move" to be the one you do on your movement phase. Don't get me wrong, it's much clearer this way, but it does make  the command ability a bit worse. 

3 answers to this question

3 hours ago, heywoah_twitch said:

"move or charge" implies to me that you can still pile-in, since they went out of their way to mention charges, and if by move they meant "any movement at all" they would have no need to call out charges.

The main problem is that thr scroll is written for the first edition where it was specially explained what "move" is and it is explained bit different in the new rules. I agree that the intent is that you are allowed to pile in, as it makes the skill very iffy while defending in combat, which should be the main use for the skill. 

I would go into a similar direction as @heywoah_twitch (because they said move and charge) but I see the problem with the old rules.

As an interesting point. In case of the Eternal Guards "Fortress of Boughs" rule, there was an FAQ Point restricting every Movement in that case, but the question is gone with the new 2.0 FAQ of for GA:Order

Archived