Thinking of starting FEC help me out

Tip4Tap

Hey guys and gals,

So with the 2nd edition of AoS looming its time for me to start a new army. I’ve been back and forth between Ironjawz, Slaanesh and death. I have (I think) decided to commit myself to FEC. 

As I have never played the army before and not really heard anything about them going into AoS2 I’d like a bit of help. Mostly I’m looking for a competitive view point, however, any tips/hints people can give will be very appreciated.

I have the following questions:

How does the army play?

whats good now/What do you think will be good in 2nd edition?

How is summoning going to work for FEC?

how do you combat the lack of shooting/mortal wound output?

Are they a fast/slow army?

Really noob question, what can FEC take in the way of allies? 

Thanks in advance!

The army is going to be veeeeery different in AoS2.  The summoning will be Command point based, from the Command Abilities of the various ghoul kings.  It's hard in AoS1 to be competitive in Matched Play - I've had some success with the Ghoul Patrol, but ultimately you nailed the main weakness, shooting/MW.  The main strength is in piling buffs onto big units of ghouls or horrors - if you get caught out of position with the buffs in the wrong place you can fall apart in a hurry.

The ghoul king on zombie dragon is really good.  His buff spell is nice, he can heal, and he hits really hard.  I also like a varghulf, and with unpointed summoning I see myself summoning varghulfs quite often.

They are medium speed I guess?  Movement 6+ across the whole army is nice, but there's not a lot of movement hijinks.  Although once summoning comes in to it, that could change a bit.

I don't even know what allies they can take without looking it up - have never once taken any allies.

Here's some good videos on how they played in 1e.  Mostly rule summaries, but with a fair bit of experience-based-advice thrown in from a player who regularly took FEC to tournaments before Legions of Nagash released:

2e will bring significant changes, expanding the magical options available to ghoul kings, revising their allegiance abilities, and dramatically changing how summoning works, so a lot of the advice and opinions in these videos will be outdated in a few days, but they will get you up to speed on the state of Flesh Eater Courts armies going into 2e, so that you can judge the significance of the changes for yourself.

Archived