Let's chat Stormcast Eternals

Requizen

Just Coming back from a tournament win with aetherstrike obv.
2 Tournaments and 2 Tournament #1 so far. 
For me it is 12 Longstrike all the way !
Paired with 3x Priests with blessed weapons for max. Synergy.
Just lacks scenario play, which doesnt matter when u table every Opponent. 

Even if you table an opponent if they have more points when you do so they still win right ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Could be right, this Tournament to said that its always at least a small victory if u all kill your opponent.

But besides that i won all scenarios, i just think scenario is the only weakness of an abused Atherstrike batallion.

Could be right, this Tournament to said that its always at least a small victory if u all kill your opponent.
But besides that i won all scenarios, i just think scenario is the only weakness of an abused Atherstrike batallion.

The game is balanced round the scenarios. Your right, proper scenario games are a handicap for aetherstrike with a lot of longstrikes. I struggle with a low mobility aetherstrike 2k. Not disputing the power of 9-12 longstrikes though!

5 hours ago, CountryMou3e said:

The game is balanced round the scenarios. Your right, proper scenario games are a handicap for aetherstrike with a lot of longstrikes. I struggle with a low mobility aetherstrike 2k. Not disputing the power of 9-12 longstrikes though!

You are correct. Even if you table your opponent, the game continues to turn. At the end of the last turn, whichever player has the most points wins, whether they are on the table or not (just like Malifaux, only with fewer and less complex missions).

I tweaked a list I took to a bigger tournament (7th place in a group of 35ish) for a smaller local tournament yesterday (2nd place in a group of 10):

Allegiance: Stormcast Eternals

Lord Castellant
General - Staunch Defenders
Mirrorshield

Lord Relictor
Mirrorshield
Lightning Chariot

Lord Relictor
Mirrorshield
Lightning Chariot

Knight Azyros

Judicators x 5
Skybolt Bows
Shockbolt Bow

Judicators x 5
Skybolt Bows
Shockbolt Bow

Liberators x 5 100
Warhammers and shields
Grandhammer

Liberators x 5 100
Warhammers and shields
Grandblade

Prosecutors x 3
Stormcall Javelins
Stormsurge Trident

Decimators x 5
2 x Starsoul Maces

Protectors x 5
2 x Starsoul Maces

Retributors x 5
2 x Starsoul Maces

Tempestors x 2

Hammerstrike Force
Celestial Vindicators Warrior Chamber

I like this list and want to tweak it a bit more and take it to another tourney. I've a theory that changing the list up in a big way (and especially taking a new army entirely to a tournament - even one considered OP) will harm my results more than geting familiar with what I am starting to have success with.

I tweaked a list I took to a bigger tournament (7th place in a group of 35ish) for a smaller local tournament yesterday (2nd place in a group of 10):

Allegiance: Stormcast Eternals Lord Castellant
General - Staunch Defenders
Mirrorshield

Lord Relictor
Mirrorshield
Lightning Chariot

Lord Relictor
Mirrorshield
Lightning Chariot

Knight Azyros
Judicators x 5
Skybolt Bows
Shockbolt Bow

Judicators x 5
Skybolt Bows
Shockbolt Bow

Liberators x 5 100
Warhammers and shields
Grandhammer

Liberators x 5 100
Warhammers and shields
Grandblade

Prosecutors x 3
Stormcall Javelins
Stormsurge Trident

Decimators x 5
2 x Starsoul Maces
Protectors x 5
2 x Starsoul Maces
Retributors x 5
2 x Starsoul Maces
Tempestors x 2
Hammerstrike Force
Celestial Vindicators Warrior Chamber

I like this list and want to tweak it a bit more and take it to another tourney. I've a theory that changing the list up in a big way (and especially taking a new army entirely to a tournament - even one considered OP) will harm my results more than geting familiar with what I am starting to have success with.

Looks really fun to play. I do a similar thing, firm believer in adapting lists to identified weakness's rather then chasing another persons 'I came first with this list'. For me I'll continue to tweak mine with the vanguard units as it matches what I'd call fun pretty closely. Keep us updated, love seeing lists that develop and the reasons why [emoji16]

3 hours ago, Turragor said:

I like the variety in the list, it's a good toolbox. I might suggest maxing out on blades for the vindicator bonuses though. Very similar to what I'm building atm

3 hours ago, Earthtremor said:

I like the variety in the list, it's a good toolbox. I might suggest maxing out on blades for the vindicator bonuses though. Very similar to what I'm building atm

Yea I think I might buy one of the new big boxes of liberators and build and paint the swords and shields dudes.

I keep seeing Lord-Relictors in almost every list but I hardly ever see a Lord-Veritant.  I know he costs more, but he's also faster, has more wounds and hits harder in combat.  Is he just not worth the points?

I actually don't agree about switching to blade liberators, espically if your running a celestant.  You'll be using his +1 hit CA bringing your hammers to 2+, which is essentially the blade ability anyway.

otherwise I've been playing around with a very similar list, only using a single relicator, a castellant, 6x javalin prosecutors, 10x unit of liberators, and 10x retributors with 2 5x Protectors.  And no tempestors.  Feel it's a bit more all in for the hammerstrike bonus, but the wall of libs is hard to churn through.

I keep seeing Lord-Relictors in almost every list but I hardly ever see a Lord-Veritant.  I know he costs more, but he's also faster, has more wounds and hits harder in combat.  Is he just not worth the points?

The -1 to hit or D3 heals is unbelievable on the relictor at 80pts.

One of the tweaks I might make is to get the Azyros out, shuffle some other points and get a celestant in.

With 2 relictors I could get him where he needed to be.

However I'd worry he'd be gone in a flash and then so would staunch defenders.

Another thing I've been considering is the castellant - he is in for warding lantern and the fact that at 100 pts and 6 wounds he's the only sub 200 pts hero with more than 5 wounds. But the warding lantern in my msu-ish list (with no big wounded model to make the most of the wound regen) delivers mixed results. I usually just put the lantern on the castellant itself.

Battleshock can also be a problem in theory but in reality it isn't - not often - as all units are 5 or less and I can put inspiring presence on something crucial.

The Tempestors are rather nice in close combat - the breath weapon delivers and dracoths roll 6s to wound more than protectors in my (anecdotal mind you) experience! They are there first and foremost for the guaranteed -1. Getting -2 on a big hammer unit  with the tempestors and a relictor (and maybe -1 on another with the 2nd relictor) has won me games.

2 hours ago, Zucch10 said:

I actually don't agree about switching to blade liberators, espically if your running a celestant.  You'll be using his +1 hit CA bringing your hammers to 2+, which is essentially the blade ability anyway.

Not sure what you mean.  The Celestial Vindicators command ability gives units in a 6" bubble one extra attack with bladed weapons.  

The LC on foot's basic command ability seems weak compared to the CV option.  I understand +1 to hit is nothing to sneeze at, and that positioning can be a challenge with this ability, 

but extra attacks for entire units can be game-breaking.  There's a reason why everyone over in the Let's Chat Kharadron Overlords thread is freaking out about the Aether-khemist.

19 minutes ago, Let's 'ere it for da boyz! said:

Not sure what you mean.  The Celestial Vindicators command ability gives units in a 6" bubble one extra attack with bladed weapons.  

The LC on foot's basic command ability seems weak compared to the CV option.  I understand +1 to hit is nothing to sneeze at, and that positioning can be a challenge with this ability, 

but extra attacks for entire units can be game-breaking.  There's a reason why everyone over in the Let's Chat Kharadron Overlords thread is freaking out about the Aether-khemist.

Also if you lose a model you get to reroll all misses with blades, not just reroll ones... again this is huge!

Hmm fair points I hadn't considered.  Still does the math stack up for 3x +4/+3 reroll all vs 2x +2/+4 reroll 1s per model for liberators?  Also using the +1 attack means no bonus at all to judicators.  Lots of moving parts there, not sure which is optimal.

15 minutes ago, Zucch10 said:

Hmm fair points I hadn't considered.  Still does the math stack up for 3x +4/+3 reroll all vs 2x +2/+4 reroll 1s per model for liberators?  Also using the +1 attack means no bonus at all to judicators.  Lots of moving parts there, not sure which is optimal.

D'oh, got my numbers mixed up.  3x +3/+4 reroll all vs 2x +3/+3 reroll 1s.  I dunno guys I'm still kinda leaning toward hammer libs 

switch the tempestor for fulminators the cv command applies to their weapon they can support very well your hammerstrike and then you put protectors anyway so you got -1 to hit for w/e shot through or at them i feel you can tweak a bit that way

1 hour ago, Zucch10 said:

D'oh, got my numbers mixed up.  3x +3/+4 reroll all vs 2x +3/+3 reroll 1s.  I dunno guys I'm still kinda leaning toward hammer libs 

My Mathhammer isn't as strong as some, but based on these numbers, I get 1.33 wounds per model for the blades w/ CV command ability and 1.03 wounds per model for the hammers + stock standard LC.  For a unit of 5 Libs, that's a difference of about 1.5 add'l wounds.  

I would say the blades definitely win out.

does anyone know if the ride the wind aetheric of the vanguard pallador count as a retreat if you use them after being in combat ?

Ride like the winds is an ability used in the movement phase 'instead of moving normally'. My reading is no you can't retreat with it as a retreat is different to 'moving normally' however, Aquillors command ability can be used in the hero phase to pull vanguard units out of combat and redeployed

Archived