Let's chat Stormcast Eternals

Requizen

32 minutes ago, BURF1 said:

My money's on Aetherstrike

That is on of my favorites out of the book.  I wish you could take it in a Tempest Lords list.......

14 minutes ago, SpiritofHokuto said:

Don't know if this has been covered before, but how does the Celestial Vindicators Warrior Chamber "Bonds of Hatred" ability work?

From what I can see it essentially does nothing as the extension of the Celestial Supercharge is meaningless as you still have to drop within 6" of the Prosecutors and the buff to wound doesn't appear to be a bubble around them.

Am I just reading it wrong?

Yeah, I have noticed the same thing on some of the rules.  They must have changed the wording during certain develop stages and forgot to change it in the other place.  Like the Lords of of Storm battalion.  The minimum number of heroes is 6 and some of the chambers say you have to take at least 6 heroes......

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Speaking of aetherstrike, I am thinking of:

Idea One

Base idea being a large hampering screen with castellant buff positioned with lightning chariot on an objective or two.

The 9 longstrike raptors are shooting unit when 1 unit can shoot from each of the battalion abilities.

There are 6 aetherwings in each unit as they've no save and I want maximum disruption and charge screening and maximum number of hero phases shooting (with Azyros)

The Hurricane raptors are there to be lightning charioted around to strafe weak save enemy targets, if I set up my relictors right I can play PONG with the hurricane guys.

This is a sensible 'don't think of sacrificing a unit deliberately' approach.

Allegiance: Stormcast Eternals

Leaders
Knight Azyros (80)
- Mystic Light: None
Knight Venator (120)
Lord Relictor (80)
Lord Relictor (80)
Lord Castellant (100)

Battleline
5 x Judicators (160)
- Skybolt Bows
- Stormcast Eternals Battleline
5 x Judicators (160)
- Skybolt Bows
10 x Liberators (200)
- Warhammer & Shield
- 2x Grandblades
- 1x Grandhammers

Units
9 x Vanguard-Raptors with Longstrike Crossbows (540)
3 x Vanguard-Raptors with Hurricane Crossbows (160)
6 x Aetherwings (120)
6 x Aetherwings (120)

Battalions
Aetherstrike Force (80)

Total: 2000/2000

Idea Two

A different idea I have is to have 1 larger jud crossbow units to lightning chariot forward with blessed weapons sent forward each of the first 2 turns and use their 3 x shots at close range. Then I want them to die (eventually) and trigger the big raptor unit. More likely they'll last a turn or two as they're not super weak.

This is a less sensible 'I am sacrificing a unit deliberately' approach.

Allegiance: Stormcast Eternals

Leaders
Knight Azyros (80)
Knight Venator (120)
Lord Relictor (80)
Lord Relictor (80)

Battleline
10 x Judicators (320)
- Boltstorm Crossbows
- 1x Shockbolt Bow
10 x Judicators (320)
- Boltstorm Crossbows
- 1x Shockbolt Bow
5 x Liberators (100)
- Warhammers

Units
9 x Vanguard-Raptors with Longstrike Crossbows (540)
3 x Vanguard-Raptors with Hurricane Crossbows (160)
3 x Aetherwings (60)
3 x Aetherwings (60)

Battalions
Aetherstrike Force (80)

Total: 2000/2000

In both cases I am pondering staunch defender on the venator as general with a luckstone for star fated arrow.

I asked this in the Rules Question Forum too:

Is there a typo within the Prayers of the Stormhosts: Divine Light text?

"If you instead chose a friendly unit, enemy units re-roll hit rolls of 6 or more when attacking that unit until your next hero phase."

In the Tools of War part of the rules it is stated:

"Some rules allow you to re-roll a dice roll,
which means you get to roll some or all of
the dice again. You can never re-roll a dice
more than once, and re-rolls happen before
modifiers to the roll (if any) are applied."

So modifiers should not apply to the roll and a 7 or more is not possible. The text implies that positive modifiers to the enemy attacks would make Divine Light even better.

13 minutes ago, Zitroni said:

I asked this in the Rules Question Forum too:

Is there a typo within the Prayers of the Stormhosts: Divine Light text?

"If you instead chose a friendly unit, enemy units re-roll hit rolls of 6 or more when attacking that unit until your next hero phase."

In the Tools of War part of the rules it is stated:

"Some rules allow you to re-roll a dice roll,
which means you get to roll some or all of
the dice again. You can never re-roll a dice
more than once, and re-rolls happen before
modifiers to the roll (if any) are applied."

So modifiers should not apply to the roll and a 7 or more is not possible. The text implies that positive modifiers to the enemy attacks would make Divine Light even better.

I asked about this rule on facebook: 

Thanks Heksagon

Here is the reply by gw for convenience:

"That will simply be in there for the sake of completeness; it's better to say "6 or more" just in case, one day, in the future, there is a rule that works in a special way to add modifiers before re-rolls are made. It's a good idea to cover all possibilities just in case!"

Tempest Lords...does that rule mean flyers get another 2"-12" move? More for Prosecutors...

It seems so. This battalion would work quite nice with Celestant-Prime...

Yeah, but Flying units don't make up our power units and none of our Battleline can Fly. Being able to jump around a bit more is nice and all but it's also 240 to get Vanguard + Tempest Lords. Are you ok playing less 1/8 of your points for a little extra mobility on things that aren't Paladins, and are already some of our fastest units?

That, plus it'll also require building and painting like 30 Prosecutors. Plz no.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

13 hours ago, SpiritofHokuto said:

Don't know if this has been covered before, but how does the Celestial Vindicators Warrior Chamber "Bonds of Hatred" ability work?

From what I can see it essentially does nothing as the extension of the Celestial Supercharge is meaningless as you still have to drop within 6" of the Prosecutors and the buff to wound doesn't appear to be a bubble around them.

Am I just reading it wrong?

You drop within 6" then charge. If they're still within 12" they get the +1 to wound.

9 hours ago, Requizen said:

Yeah, but Flying units don't make up our power units and none of our Battleline can Fly. Being able to jump around a bit more is nice and all but it's also 240 to get Vanguard + Tempest Lords. Are you ok playing less 1/8 of your points for a little extra mobility on things that aren't Paladins, and are already some of our fastest units?

That, plus it'll also require building and painting like 30 Prosecutors. Plz no.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

This chamber is one of the best imo. Combined with the old LCoSD that I am dying to fit into a competitive list haha (see http://www.tga.community/forums/topic/7595-stormcast-competitive-list-with-stardrake/)

There is no way anyone is catching the javelin prosecutors when they're shooting inside 18 for double damage and then scampering away 3d6 inches. Then you've the vanguard wing bonuses, the libs as a teleporting blockade. LCoSD with a useful command ability and scampering about together with the prosecutors. Take your Tally triggering when 24 models are down (36 if you opt for 3 heroes).

SCAMPS the lot of them.

1 hour ago, Malakithe said:

Wait...how does this crazy Prosecutor thing work?

They move to within 18"-9" to get the bonus from their shooting. Ideally within the 18"-16" area so after the 3"-18" charge they'll always be 19"-21" away from a unit putting them outside an average movement 6" unit's move and charge range. 

Then they shoot.

Then they charge out in charge phase. They get 3d6" as they charge 3d6 instead of 2d6.

It would be very difficult to pin these units down in combat. If you do you can port the Liberators to a troublesome melee and those guys will get double wound rolls on 6s (you should probably always have a prosecutor unit near the juds and libs for this bonus).

You would need to shoot them and, as a matter of fact, you're probably able to get in, shoot and get out of missile weapon ranged on most units too.

I think to get them you need double turns or movement shenanigans (destruction or teleports).

I mean, the LCoSD in the mix is just my need to include LCoSD's. Without that guy you could have max sized libs and juds and larger prosecutor units. Or something else entirely thrown in.

21 minutes ago, Malakithe said:

I see...my take on that list. I wanted to include some new stuff. I'm sure some heroes could be swapped around...

Screenshot_20170221-054247.jpg

I was thinking the same thing for more casual games.  I was thinking about starting a "hunter" force but, with the rumored duardin I don't want to go to ham right now.  In a more competitive environment I'll probably stay with the vanguard models as much as possibly considering Im already paying the 240 points for the rules:)

5 minutes ago, Turragor said:

RAI I'd say no. It's probably not quite the right wording for RAW either.

Venators want dem luckstones.

Well, I'm not sure, because it's not a "dealing damage ability", but a "weapons profile changer".

I agree, Bless Weapon on this attack is quite OP, but well...  

Well, I'm not sure, because it's not a "dealing damage ability", but a "weapons profile changer".
I agree, Bless Weapon on this attack is quite OP, but well...  

Interesting, as I read the rules. It implies you would make another attack but with a standard arrow...

Any hit rolls of 6 or more make another attack.

However SFA states once per game you can make a single attack instead of three...

So if it is a hit roll I'm making I can indeed make another attack, but my quiver has no SFA's so it's a normal attack roll.

Overly complex? But funny

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Starsoul maces are the old meta? Retributers with all Lightning Hammers is the new meta.... Lord Celestant with the trait that lets another hero use his command ability.  Give that to a Relictor.  Use bless weapons on a 4+.  The retributors do 2 mortal wounds on a 4+ and get an extra attack. So 5 man squad would do 11 attacks.  Please be easy on my math.  So we will say 10 mortal wounds.  5 more attacks thats 6 more Mortal wounds.  With roughly 4 -1 rend wounds doing 2 damage a piece.

13 minutes ago, OlDirtyCosta said:

Starsoul maces are the old meta? Retributers with all Lightning Hammers is the new meta.... Lord Celestant with the trait that lets another hero use his command ability.  Give that to a Relictor.  Use bless weapons on a 4+.  The retributors do 2 mortal wounds on a 4+ and get an extra attack. So 5 man squad would do 11 attacks.  Please be easy on my math.  So we will say 10 mortal wounds.  5 more attacks thats 6 more Mortal wounds.  With roughly 4 -1 rend wounds doing 2 damage a piece.

stupid-maces.jpg.7ab488192b02deb95a029382c322e411.jpg

Archived