Bleep Bloop's Mengel Minis Season of War Paint Log

11 hours ago, Turragor said:

I like that base. Are the levels achieved with some kind of polyfilla?

I want to learn a bit of that for more dynamic basing.

Tbh I think if you get this in you'd be hard pressed to lose :P

I know that what I entered that meets this (some simple judicators) aren't up to scratch. I painted them as nice tabletop units. You've put real contest effort into this in many ways.

Wow, thanks a lot Turragor! The levels of the base are cut out of MDF wood sheet, filled in gaps with "plastic wood" (a wood filler), then sanded.  It's my first try at more dynamic basing too, and I think it is a good idea for big/centerpiece models.  

Thanks a lot for the compliment! But I expect some pretty tough competition for sure.

6 hours ago, Bleep Bloop said:

Wow, thanks a lot Turragor! The levels of the base are cut out of MDF wood sheet, filled in gaps with "plastic wood" (a wood filler), then sanded.  It's my first try at more dynamic basing too, and I think it is a good idea for big/centerpiece models.  

Thanks a lot for the compliment! But I expect some pretty tough competition for sure.

Aha! I guess it'd work with layers of cork then too. I guess I need to get me some wood filler.

37 minutes ago, Pigmenta said:

Hehe I haven't found a way to make the Celestant Primes one more dynamic, mind you that has a lot to do with how the orrery is designed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ill post my one true celestant prime love and inspiration in your celestant prime thread. I hate the orrery!

19 hours ago, Pigmenta said:

Loving it man, how much do you thin your paints to get the text so smooth and flowing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatal

Thanks man!  I thin my paints down quite a bit-almost to water-consistency on something as tiny as the text or pentagram when I'm first blocking it out. Then I went back in with a bit darker brown once I had my road map, but still kept it thin. 

5 hours ago, Turragor said:

Excellent work. Really love the spirits done without the usual white and wash 'cheat'. Very nice colour scheme too.

Unrelated note (or is it?!) your thumb is freakily long.

/Edit

Or is mine abnormally short?!

Haha! Awesome....Thanks?
:-D 

Archived