Your Faction Ideas?

some developments for the spiderfang grots could be interesting. I’ve had an idea in my mind recently of spider centaur like creatures that could be a part of the faction, maybe lesser “demons” of the spider god to a degree. Plus they could use a sort of realm web, produced by the spider god and it’s first children, in order to traverse the realms and sneak up on their foes. 

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Necroshadow said:

some developments for the spiderfang grots could be interesting. I’ve had an idea in my mind recently of spider centaur like creatures that could be a part of the faction, maybe lesser “demons” of the spider god to a degree. Plus they could use a sort of realm web, produced by the spider god and it’s first children, in order to traverse the realms and sneak up on their foes. 

Yeah, I think the Spiderfang have a load of potential like this. I see the Spider-God as more of a really powerful God Beast, but that ideas really cool as well. Maybe there could be variations on the different Spiders that are ridden, with, I.e, a camouflage Trapdoor based one, or a really fast Daddy Long-Legs based one.

Hmm, for Spideyfang Grots?  How's about...

Grots with grappling hooks and rope that can tie up people and bind them down.

Spidey Swarms, along with Shamans specializing in summoning and controlling these swarms.

Grots that wield poisoned weapons made from the Spideys.

New Spidey Rider kits, with an option to build Jumping Spider Riders.

6 hours ago, HiddenElephant said:

Hmm, for Spideyfang Grots?  How's about...

Grots with grappling hooks and rope that can tie up people and bind them down.

Spidey Swarms, along with Shamans specializing in summoning and controlling these swarms.

Grots that wield poisoned weapons made from the Spideys.

New Spidey Rider kits, with an option to build Jumping Spider Riders.

Grots with grappling hooks and grots with poisoned weapons could be interesting for diversifying the units and providing some infantry coverage. The poison might encroach on the spiders territory though in terms of gameplay and the binding would probably be quite similar to the moonclan netters, but would fit really well with the theme. Spiderswarm shamans could be awesome, maybe gives bonuses to nearby spider swarms and spiderfang grots and have them modelled with a bunch of spiders swarming across their base. Maybe a spider that’s half way between a giant spider and an arachnarok carrying a spiderfang version of an ark of sotek. 

On a non spiderfang front, someone said about a werewolf style army. Could potentially have a kobold race that acts like a wolf variant of the beast men, which might then tie in with the gitmob wolf riders (potentially both follow the wolf god, gorkamorka’s best friend). Also what’s the likelihood that humans would worship gorkamorka, his aspects or his under gods, cause I’m just imagine some sort of tribal culture that worships the spider god (sure there was a spider cult in an old videogame I had). 

On 5/28/2018 at 7:15 AM, Slayerofmen said:

A new lease of life for high elves

For me I'd like to see their story continued as they have one of the best potential arcs in Age of Sigmar with the story to date:

They were destroyed with the old world.

Their gods were killed (old elf pantheon).

After being reborn they started to rebuild in the mortal realms carving new lands and kingdoms.

The mortal realms fall barring Sigmar's and their souls are devoured en mass by Slaanesh. Few of them survive the fall.

They meet new gods (Tyrion and Teclis) who remind them of a heritage lost and everything they once had only for the gods to sod off and never come back. 

Now fewer than ever in number they try to carve a future from the realms, surely getting more and more desperate...

To be continued.

See that to me screams of a faction you could do fun things with (soulbound constructs and more and more risky and eldritch magics) as a race of long lived, magically talented Aelves clings to existence and perhaps thrives. 

4 hours ago, Johhny The Squid said:

A Malal Faction would be freaking sweet! If anyone has ever seen the "Daemons of Malal" concept art, I think they could work really well in AoS. With a "That which should not be" and "Stare into the abyss" aesthetic. Add in some mortals and we're there.

Have they ever had any designs for malal demons? Considering they’re meant to Gain power from people not believing in the other gods maybe they could have a fallen angel aesthetic. 

On other factions that could be expanded maybe have a shadowblade force that acts like assassin orders or maybe add something to the man eaters to allow them to ally with different grand alliances. 

More Spiderfang Grot ideas (not to necro this thread too much....)

Artillery-mounted Spider (think like the Allopex) that can shoot poisoned spears, baskets full of spiders, or web netting onto the enemy.

Basic grots that can be armed with Grappling Hook and Spear, Shield and Spear, or Shield and Poison Blowdart Gun.

More Shaman and Warboss options (on foot, on riding spider, on Arachnok spider....)

For a faction allegiance ability, how's about terrain blessed by the Spider God, as well as an ability for the faction's wizards to bless terrain features to make it good for the Spiderfang Grots and bad for their enemies.

Skryre that have their own unified visual theme. At the moment, they are a bit of a mish-mash.

I love the WW1 trench warfare idea that someone suggested elsewhere. Death Korps of Krieg style gas masks, long trench coats, and all that.

Plus, get Eavy Metal team to move away from the color green to make a clear visual distinction from Pestilens.

-------

Clan Skurvy. Obviously.

-------

Something desert themed. It's a biome that has been screaming out for a faction, since TK were dropped.

Archived