The charge of Stonehorns

Thughab

I've been wondering about the stone horn. Because it says, if it is within 12" of an enemy unit it has to charge. What IF i charge in round 1, but am still in battle by round two. Can i retreat in the movement phase 3" and then i HAVE to charge again? It makes sense, especially with the matlann rule and such. And also a good thing cause you get to do d6 mortal wounds again. What is your take?

Skärmavbild 2018-05-04 kl. 14.02.16.png

My reading of the rule (and my understanding) is that no, you cannot.  It is a base rule of the game that you cannot charge if you run, and you cannot charge if you retreat.  The stonehorns allow you to ignore the first rule, but not the second.

In fact, the example that you use explicitly states that the Aspect of the Storm can make a charge even if it retreated.

Slightly OT but you can do a similar(ish) manoeuvre with the Fungoid. Make him your general and you can retreat / run and charge with the Maw Krusha.  

It's a nice combo with the Destruction move because you can charge in the hero phase, do mortal wounds, then retreat and charge again. And do more. 

1 hour ago, Thughab said:

A question, if i charge a small hero. Hit a 6 on my d6-damage. Can i continue charging, like the mawcrusha can? Cause it's still in the charge phase and i'm within 12"?

I would say no because After using the ability it isn't the "Start of the Charge Phase" anymore. 

Archived