Making a 1500p/2000p list that’s all around good!

ModerTherese

Hi, I’m trying to make a good 1500p/2000p list for a tournament as well gameplay with some friends.

And I would love to get some help/tips from experienced Death players! The picture in this topic is all the miniatures I own. 

39AF321C-784F-4830-9CB4-33A9D53448EE.jpeg.9b4d119e31c81a750a3c24eaef63842b.jpeg

I’ve made two lists I think would work fine, so some review on those lists would be appriciated! 

92D5BE62-EE8A-4E02-A2D9-5B26468B89CF.jpeg.276f9829abe0838dcce57feec9e3e133.jpeg

BA8D0EA7-BDFC-40C4-BD87-375B29E27DB8.jpeg.308bd99fa07516fc56499303c53c0eb0.jpeg

(NOTE: Mannfred is the General and has the vile transference and Arkhan has the amaranthine orb!)

First list looks good...

not quite sure if the second one is playable both mortarchs seem to be a bit over the top for 1,5k

4+2 morghast for an arkhan led Grand host army?! With the necro, and skellis...double wolves

660+320+110 +280+120

2 hours ago, Honk said:

First list looks good...

not quite sure if the second one is playable both mortarchs seem to be a bit over the top for 1,5k

4+2 morghast for an arkhan led Grand host army?! With the necro, and skellis...double wolves

660+320+110 +280+120

So you were thinking kinda like this?

41B9BAF7-8C4A-4D92-996A-5394530C7168.jpeg.2b393e050ac6f1909f856b7f4fc92195.jpeg

Dont have any bigger use of Arkhan command ability though thus I have just two “wizards” in the team. But Arkhan Curse of Years is an amazing spell so that maybe is reason enough to have him? I like Mannfred because of his command ability to be able to reroll ones in hit rolls as well wound rolls. And to have that to the morghasts is powerful. And why I use Vile transference on the mortarchs is so they may be able to heal the morghasts.

what ya reckon?

Well, +6“ is a pretty good  command ability... of course the list is just meant for using all 6 morghast. 4+ Manfred (List1) is probably the better idea. Only saw CoY perform once, I tend to roll no sixes at all.

you could of course also try the high grind option with double wightking , necro skellis, guards and either the mourghoul (120+120+110, 240+240+320=1150 +350 =1500) although you miss out the horde bonus on the skellis 

with gg as skellis (2wight, necro, 2x40skellis, 2x5 wolves, 4 morghast... 120+120+110, 280+280+440+120= 1470)

neither lists are overly competitive but funny and fluffy and not total garbage...

legion could be grand host with the morghast or night with the mourngul 

The wight king with axe as general with lord of nagashizzar, 30+ skellis with +2 attacks that ends in 5 attacks per skelli...2,5 hits 1,25 wounds

or 4attacks with Great blades 2,6 hits and 1,7 wounds per grave guard (ignoring advanced math)

and the unnumbered legions helps to regain bodies

Hi all. I use this post to not start one but I can't find what I want.

My next objective is finish my Death army and I would like a nice competitive 2k list, could anyone help me?? First let me say I don't want an army full of skeletons, and I don't like wolf's minis. The things I have now are:

Vampire Lord on nightmare steed, necromancer, 5 blood knights, 20 skeletons, 2 Tomb banshees and start nighthaunt box (throne+hexwraiths+spirit hosts)

The things on Death I like most are ghosts and Vampires, and I hate zombies. 

I thought going for a vampire Lord on Dragon but if you guys know how to complete the army for competitive without units of 40 skeletons it would be nice because don't know where to go now with my Death army

Could go for a sacrament list: arkhan/vamp on dragon, one more necro, more spirit hosts and a bale wind vortex. Maybe some morghast or more hexwraith.

I think there was a list somewhere in the tournament lists or let‘s chat discussion... used right the hosts seem to be  very resilient in groups of six and can generate quite a mortal wound output. 

A  it like that:

DCA73CD1-2EE8-4686-8736-85505EF50274.png

12 hours ago, Honk said:

Well, +6“ is a pretty good  command ability... of course the list is just meant for using all 6 morghast. 4+ Manfred (List1) is probably the better idea. Only saw CoY perform once, I tend to roll no sixes at all.

you could of course also try the high grind option with double wightking , necro skellis, guards and either the mourghoul (120+120+110, 240+240+320=1150 +350 =1500) although you miss out the horde bonus on the skellis 

with gg as skellis (2wight, necro, 2x40skellis, 2x5 wolves, 4 morghast... 120+120+110, 280+280+440+120= 1470)

neither lists are overly competitive but funny and fluffy and not total garbage...

legion could be grand host with the morghast or night with the mourngul 

Only thing with Mourngul it’s that I can’t use it in any of the Legions of Nagash alligances, only in death alligance, and then I miss out on all the amazing extras you get from the LoN alligance 

There are 5 essential elements to competitive list building. It will be spoken about in-depth in an upcoming episode of the Age of Sigmar podcast 'The Heralds of War'. The episode should be out in about two weeks once editing is complete.

The 5 essential elements are:

Punchability: does the army have enough mortal wounds, high rend attacks or bucketloads of non-low rend atacks

Maneuverability- can it get about the place through swift movement, running and charging, coming on from the table edge/ sky/ underground

Flexibility- can it win all 6 GHB2017 scenarios.

Durability- does it have good armour or enough wounds to withstand attacks.

and Synergy- do the elements of the list combine to further strengthen the strengths it already has or mitigate the weaknesses within the list.

1 hour ago, Tanka said:

There are 5 essential elements to competitive list building.

sun-tzu‘s finest:

I would rather die,

than playing without style...

the details of what is punchy enough or fast or durable is where the trouble starts xD 

but i‘m thrilled to hear strong opinions about it

2 hours ago, ModerTherese said:

I miss out on all the amazing extras you get from the LoN alligance

As an ally in a 2k list, you could bring him and play legion of the night or whatnot... you can‘t ambush with him, only units of the Legion of night could

Not really sure how the ally wording for legion of blood and a vampire on abyssal terror would work. My German book says something about friendly (befreundet) vamp lords of LoB not sure if allies count, same with wizards and legion of sacrament. There is an adjective in front of the keyword (WIZARD, VAMP) which I would proclaim to include Non-LoB Vamps and non-LoS wizards but not fluent in the current FAQ...

but I think deathless minions work in cross over, says friendly DEATH unit, so keyword archieved.

3 hours ago, Honk said:

As an ally in a 2k list, you could bring him and play legion of the night or whatnot... you can‘t ambush with him, only units of the Legion of night could

Not really sure how the ally wording for legion of blood and a vampire on abyssal terror would work. My German book says something about friendly (befreundet) vamp lords of LoB not sure if allies count, same with wizards and legion of sacrament. There is an adjective in front of the keyword (WIZARD, VAMP) which I would proclaim to include Non-LoB Vamps and non-LoS wizards but not fluent in the current FAQ...

but I think deathless minions work in cross over, says friendly DEATH unit, so keyword archieved.

No in the FAQ it’s states that he can’t be used in an LoN alligance, only as an ally for Soulblight, Nighthaunt aswell Death alligance.

0FBAA75D-095A-4A14-A75F-E29091756F27.png.941b02873dbf743b0800a5dad72b72d7.png

Archived