Legion of sacrament 1.5K

Dracothjay

Got a list here I want to give a whirl. Lemme hear your feedback fell shyishians!

VAMPIRE LORD ON ZOMBIE DRAGON  - general - peerless commander - azyrbine standard - amethystine pinions

NECROMANCER - overwhelming dread 

NECROMANCER - fading vigour

CAIRN WRAITH

5 dire wolves

5 dire wolves

40 skeletons - spear & shield

6 spirit host

5 black knights

So, the plan is my VLoZD will summon either skeletons or spirit host (maybe both at once) from the gravesites 12” away to get an instant midfield drop. Heros will push up as far as I can. Might deploy my skeletons on the battlefield as I want my necromancers to push up hunkered right next to the skellie block.

Spirit host and skeleton warriors to tie up units.

black knights to shadow my VLoZD as screeners/bodyguards

dire wolves to camp objectives. 

Cairn wraith will be close to the spirit host for DM and extra support if needed.

thats my game plan. Going up against a fellow death army who’s a good friend.

8 hours ago, Vortumnas said:

I'm not a fan of Black Knights, they're one of those units I want to like but just don't. I'd probably drop them and the wraith, them fill that 180pt hole with hexwraiths, or more wolves and hosts, depending on what you have.

I originally had hexwraiths instead of the knights and wraith, but I thought if I included the wraith and cheap cav then that eases the pressure of my necro’s and VLoZD trying to give DM to everyone. Cairn wraith can shadow the spirit host block around. Black knights will also shadow VLoZD and provide a screen and block stuff trying to counter charge my VLoZD.

If your not sure about the black knights (I like them) you could combine with the cairn wraith for the mortis engine, to present a second big target next to your VLoZD... charging up with him for a potential heal when he is feeling kinda weak. D6 chalice+ d3 reliquary is 2 at least ;-D 

the wail, with mortal wounds+AoE might prevent focus fire on the VLoZD while both charge into the fray...

2 hours ago, Honk said:

mortis engine, to present a second big target next to your VLoZD... charging up with him for a potential heal when he is feeling kinda weak. D6 chalice+ d3 reliquary is 2 at least ;-D 

the wail, with mortal wounds+AoE might prevent focus fire on the VLoZD while both charge into the fray...

When using bound necromancer and the reliquary abilities, as my opponent tonight is also death, will it not healed HIS death units D3 and also add +1 to HIS casting as the wording doesn’t specifically state “friendly death units”? It just sais death units.

I'm not a huge fan of putting a big footprint unit like 40 skeletons or 6 spirit hosts in the grave for summoning. Being able to bring them up mid field certainly sounds appealing but if you go second all your opponent has to do is dump some fast moving stuff onto both forward gravesites and either your skeletons are stuck in the grave until you clear it, or you have to bring them up in your own deployment zone putting you at a big disadvantage. 

1 hour ago, themortalgod said:

all your opponent has to do 

Depending on the size of the board and the mission, that could be a lot... and it is 9“ all around, while the 40 blob is 5x8+2 inches big, so to really block all the gravesites first movement is more than tricky. 

1 hour ago, themortalgod said:

all your opponent has to do 

Depending on the size of the board and the mission, that could be a lot... and it is 9“ all around, while the 40 blob is 5x8+2 inches big, so to really block all the gravesites first movement is more than tricky. 

Well, finished my game and was a major victory for me.  He surprised me with stormcast, which I was very happy with, perfect army to use bravery debuffing against ?

I only lost 5 black knights, 3 dogs from both units and all my spirit host. 

My opponent had Lord celestant on foot and 5/20 retributors left. 

Victory to me and more than happy with LOS magic phase. What a Incredible difference it makes having +1 to cast on all spells.

On 4/21/2018 at 9:18 PM, Dracothjay said:

Got a list here I want to give a whirl. Lemme hear your feedback fell shyishians!

VAMPIRE LORD ON ZOMBIE DRAGON  - general - peerless commander - azyrbine standard - amethystine pinions

NECROMANCER - overwhelming dread 

NECROMANCER - fading vigour

CAIRN WRAITH

5 dire wolves

5 dire wolves

40 skeletons - spear & shield

6 spirit host

5 black knights

So, the plan is my VLoZD will summon either skeletons or spirit host (maybe both at once) from the gravesites 12” away to get an instant midfield drop. Heros will push up as far as I can. Might deploy my skeletons on the battlefield as I want my necromancers to push up hunkered right next to the skellie block.

Spirit host and skeleton warriors to tie up units.

black knights to shadow my VLoZD as screeners/bodyguards

dire wolves to camp objectives. 

Cairn wraith will be close to the spirit host for DM and extra support if needed.

thats my game plan. Going up against a fellow death army who’s a good friend.

First mistake is not having Arkhans command ability. Playing with Legion of Sacrement, you might as well boost spellcating galore!

Secondly... I personally have had a bunch of fun with 6 spirit hosts with Dance Macabre.... Hexwraiths are better than Black knights IMO... 

Congrats on the win! I agree, LoS magic rocks. I put a necromancer on a bwv with dread and the shroud of darkness. Babysat him with 5 wolves, he took a total of one wound from kharadron overlords and was right out in the open! Awesome debuffer and distraction

Archived