Nagash - I can’t be arsed

Cargo Cult

I want to run Nagash at some point but I have a stressful job, four kids and a massive painting backlog. Also he looks hard and time consuming to assemble and paint.

Does anyone use something easier as an alternative? I’m thinking perhaps the C’tan Shard of the  Nightbringer?

I've recently received my Nagash model. Its pretty easy to assemble - much easier than a Mortachs. As for painting it all depends on your efficiency. I paint big models fairly fast with airbrush. This saves me all the time I'd waste on basing model.

13 hours ago, SuperKick said:

Paint the whole thing as a ghost, be done in no time.  I personally think it would look pretty cool as well. 

That's how all my skeletons will look like :P Im still considering doing Nagash same way.

EDIT: Anyway I'll place pictures once it is done.

I'd say the hardest part of an alternate Nagash is the sheer size of the model. Something like the Nightbringer is just so small in comparison that it wouldn't have the same impact on the game. I suspect many players would consider it cheating as one of Nagash's designed weakness is how difficult it is to hide him. Nagash is designed for a 130mm base. Nightbringer is designed for a 40mm base. Thats a big difference.

Archived