Base rims - Colour ideas and examples

Having finished my second full fledged AoS army, and starting my third (Kroot as Freeguild), I was looking into alternate colour ideas for the base rims. 

My last two armies have been based with black rims, and I was looking to see if anyone used different colours for the rims and how they look in a full sized army. 

Any examples or pictures would be appreciated :) 

I tend to stick to either black or a brown as it helps to blend the model into the board whilst playing.  Steel Legion Drab is pretty popular which is what I've used on my undead army, but Gorthor Brown or Dryad Bark also work - the colour will depend on how you've done the actual base.  Generally I'd say black is one of the most neutral colours you can pick though.

"back in the day" Goblin Green was one of the most popular choices, but that's largely because most of us played on lush green battlefields :D

Neferata-Base.jpg.707a8aa19c11898fdce00d7664670069.jpg

3 hours ago, RuneBrush said:

I tend to stick to either black or a brown as it helps to blend the model into the board whilst playing.  Steel Legion Drab is pretty popular which is what I've used on my undead army, but Gorthor Brown or Dryad Bark also work - the colour will depend on how you've done the actual base.  Generally I'd say black is one of the most neutral colours you can pick though.

"back in the day" Goblin Green was one of the most popular choices, but that's largely because most of us played on lush green battlefields :D

Neferata-Base.jpg.707a8aa19c11898fdce00d7664670069.jpg

Yeah I think I my use some form of brown. I was considering an Ushabti Bone to blend in with the blasted hallowheart board

Archived