Characters remembering their past lives in the World-That-Was?

Pro_Yankee

In the Idoneth Deepkin reveal video, it was confirmed that Teclis was narativing. He was talking partly about the destruction of the world and it could be implied that the pain from the Deepkin failure and witnessing the destruction of the World-That-Was caused him to cast them away. Does anyone else think if the characters remember the World-That-Was and how it could affect future lore? I was wondering if Alarielle can remember (or would remember) being the Everqueen of the High Elves or if Teclis and Tyrion remember the invasions of Ulthuan that the now Malerion lead with Morathi. This could change how the characters view each other, especially among the aelves whom know each other very well. I would expect, though they are in the same alliance, if they still look over their back to see what the other is plotting.

They do remember the Worrld-That-Was. Sigmar, Nagash, Morathi, Malerion, Neferata, Grungnir and the White Dwarf have all made references to stuff from back then.There's probably a few more too. Nagash remembers Sigmar killing him, Malarian doesn't trust his mother because of her past betrayals, Neferata purposely recreated Lahmia in exacting detail, and Grungnir and Grombrindel talk about how old they are and how they remember stuff that no longer exists.

7 hours ago, Pro_Yankee said:

Does anyone else think if the characters remember the World-That-Was and how it could affect future lore?

Yes I think this is going to effect how the background develops but key thing to remember is that thousands of years have passed since the destruction of the World that was. Also many of the characters who remember the World that Was are either Gods, Demi-Gods, or a favourite plaything of a God. So basically they will have a very different outlook on things compared to what they used to think when they were mortal or they will have a very singular view on things and probably won't remember any of it.

On 05/04/2018 at 12:51 PM, Gaz Taylor said:

Yes I think this is going to effect how the background develops but key thing to remember is that thousands of years have passed since the destruction of the World that was. Also many of the characters who remember the World that Was are either Gods, Demi-Gods, or a favourite plaything of a God. So basically they will have a very different outlook on things compared to what they used to think when they were mortal or they will have a very singular view on things and probably won't remember any of it.

Do you think that some of the recent jailbreak escapees might be from the End Times and earlier, or only as far back as that hazy era between the End Times and the Age of Myth?

On 07/04/2018 at 8:26 AM, GammaMage said:

I thought the Age of Myth started with the creation of the mortal realms? 'Before the Age of Myth' is the End Times.

The Age of Myth began when Dracothian introduced Sigmar to the eight Realms.  Before that Sigmar had been barely alive for some time on the core of the old world, Mallus.  So there is this time gap between the two where the Realms existed without influence from Sigmar. What I was wondering was were there survivors of any of the races in the Realms at this point and, if so , could some of them have been locked up in Nagash's prison. 

Archived