Which is the better Khorne list?

Bosmer Nightblade

Assume for now that I'm taking one of these lists. Which is better?

Mighty Lord of Khorne
Skarbrand
Bloodthirster of Unfettered Fury
Bloodsecrator
Slaughterpriest

30 Bloodletters
20 Blood Reavers
20 Blood Reavers
10 Blood Warriors
5 Flesh Hounds

Khorgorath
Summoning points for Chaos Spawn from Mark of the Destroyer

Or

Mighty Lord of Khorne
Bloodthirster of Unfettered Fury
Bloodsecrator
Slaughterpriest
Slaughterpriest
Slaughterpriest

30 Bloodletters
20 Blood Reavers
20 Blood Reavers
10 Blood Warriors
5 Flesh Hounds

Khorgorath
Summoning points for Chaos Spawn from Mark of the Destroyer
Gore Pilgrims battalion

Basically the difference is one list uses the Gore Pilgrims battalion and the other uses Skarbrand.

Skarbrand is incredibly destructive and with another bloodthirster already and a MLOK with Mark of the Destroyer, that's a lot of threat.

Then again, Gore Pilgrims with a 36" buff to +1 attacks, battleshock immunity and enemy reroll on successful cast is all very nice, along with the priest reroll failed prayers.

The only thing is if that Bloodsecrator dies in Gore Pilgrims, it's all over. You can give him some protection though with a chaos gift and then taking at least one healing prayer on a priest.

Gorepilgrims will also reduce your drops and make your priest better giving you a more reliable ranged MW attack and priest buffs. If you play a lot of magic armies you may prefer the longer anti magic bubble w gorepilgrims. 

Both look fun and it will depend what you face.

For both lists I would consider swapping khorgoraths for blood stoker

42 minutes ago, Praecautus said:

Gorepilgrims will also reduce your drops and make your priest better giving you a more reliable ranged MW attack and priest buffs. If you play a lot of magic armies you may prefer the longer anti magic bubble w gorepilgrims. 

Both look fun and it will depend what you face.

For both lists I would consider swapping khorgoraths for blood stoker

In the Gore Pilgrims list im already at the 6 hero limit :/

I'd use the first for fun and casual games and if you want to go to a tournament or larger event I think the second offers you more tactical flexability. 

In regards to the second one also, I don't feel you really need a Bloodthirster and Mighty Lord. I'd pick either and thus go heavier on Bloodletter units or Mortal units, in my experience this has worked out a little bit better. The Wrath of Khorne Bloodthirster is a king too!

8 minutes ago, Killax said:

I'd use the first for fun and casual games and if you want to go to a tournament or larger event I think the second offers you more tactical flexability. 

In regards to the second one also, I don't feel you really need a Bloodthirster and Mighty Lord. I'd pick either and thus go heavier on Bloodletter units or Mortal units, in my experience this has worked out a little bit better. The Wrath of Khorne Bloodthirster is a king too!

Cheers :)

So both lists evolved out of a 'just for fun' playstyle. What i want to do now mostly is run across the field and hit stuff, even if i lose on objectives.

But out of interest, what makes Wrath of Khorne so good? I see a lot taking that one over the others.

Also, my main concern with gore pilgrims is that my bloodsecrator just gets shot to pieces on turn 1. I don't have much mitigation for that.

23 minutes ago, Galdenistal said:

That's what usually happens in my games.

Feed trash to the single bloodletter unit on turn 1 before countering on the next turn, and focus skarbrand with mortal wound magic and shooting from turn 1.

How do i protect the banner then in Gore Pilgrims? Even with a reward he seems less durable than something like Skarbrand

15 minutes ago, Bosmer Nightblade said:

How do i protect the banner then in Gore Pilgrims? Even with a reward he seems less durable than something like Skarbrand

Depends on what you're facing, but you've got some options.

Positioning: Hide behind line-of-sight blocking terrain or stay out of range. If worried about melee, bubble wrap with other units (ie. Reavers or Blood Warriors). Because Gore Pilgrims increases the banner range when close to Slaughterpriests, it's a bit easier to keep the Bloodsecrator safe yet still effective as his reach is longer.

Prayers: Bronzed Flesh or Resanguination (the heal) from the Slaughterpriest(s) - seems like Resanguination is a less common choice, but some people seem to like it.

Artifacts: Brazen Rune, Crimson Plate, or Blood-forged armor can be good in various circumstances.

Blood tithe: The spell unbind (#2) can help. Crimson rain (the heal, #4) too, though not always the best bang for your buck.

7 hours ago, Bosmer Nightblade said:

The Bloodsecrator tends to get focused with shooting rather than magic, so hiding him or buffing his armour save is the best option.

To some degree you don't mind people targeting your Bloodsecrator as he is the most heavily armoured unit in your army, you just need him to survive the first turn before your bloodletters get across the board. Its often better to remove 11 bloodletters first if there is only 1 unit of them, rather than trying to get rid of the Bloodsecrator first turn.

22 hours ago, Bosmer Nightblade said:

But out of interest, what makes Wrath of Khorne so good? I see a lot taking that one over the others.

Also, my main concern with gore pilgrims is that my bloodsecrator just gets shot to pieces on turn 1. I don't have much mitigation for that.

What makes the Wrath of Khorne really nice is the speed up Command Ability, which makes either Bloodletters really fast or himself or you use it multiple times if you feel like it through Blood Tithe. The added movement is very important because Khorne has little to no ranged offenses. It makes the army cool basically. In addition he adds good Magical defence, has a short ranged Hero shot and hits well.

I think that if you use the Gore Pilgrims set up well enough with enough Slaughterpriest and some terrain you should be save.

Archived