Sympathy for Morathi

Barking Agatha

It seems to me (though this my be my interpretation) that Morathi fleeing after Nagash revealed her true form was more about her being self-conscious than the others condemning her. I don't think most of them would have a problem with her being snakey. I mean, the few images we have of Malerion has him looking very daemonic, and Nagash is a giant skeletal lich-thing.

9 minutes ago, GammaMage said:

It seems to me (though this my be my interpretation) that Morathi fleeing after Nagash revealed her true form was more about her being self-conscious than the others condemning her. I don't think most of them would have a problem with her being snakey. I mean, the few images we have of Malerion has him looking very daemonic, and Nagash is a giant skeletal lich-thing.

Trying to use magic to seduce Sigmar at the 'meeting table' probably wasn't a classy move either.

Though she technically isn't a god, a sometimes psychotic medusa sorceress isn't too hard to palate, especially when the literal god of death (who is equally, if not more untrustworthy) is sitting right there.

Well, she did bring it on herself by trying to seduce Nagash. Sigmar I can understand, but Nagash? That is the worst target ever for attempted seduction.

I would like to point out that so far that she is the only member of the old alliance who literally just showed up and rejoined Sigmar's forces without being asked to.

1 hour ago, xking said:

The Knights Excelsior stormhost  purge a village corrupted by Nurgle's plague to stop it from spreading to other villages and the living city.  https://malignportents.com/story/to-truly-excel/

IIRC they are also featured in City of Secrets.  My fuzzy recollection is that they were feared by the populace, very much like old school witch hunters.

1 minute ago, GammaMage said:

Well, she did bring it on herself by trying to seduce Nagash. Sigmar I can understand, but Nagash? That is the worst target ever for attempted seduction.

I would like to point out that so far that she is the only member of the old alliance who literally just showed up and rejoined Sigmar's forces without being asked to.

And then nearly single-handedly defended the mortal realms while Sigmar and his cronies slunk away to lick their wounds after Choas kicked their butts.  It's why there's a temple of Khaine in every major city in all the mortal realms.  Witches showed up, drove out the forces of chaos and then never left. 

This is the one legitimate complaint Morathi has.  Nobody else took up arms to defend anyone but their own communities while everyone who could cowered behind the walls of Azyrheim.  Witches have battled the forces of chaos more than anyone but the Stormcast.  The mortal realms owe a great debt to Morathi.

Then again, she's a psychotic, possibly incestuous, manipulative, egomaniacal murderer too.  Ya can't win 'em all right?

1 hour ago, Barking Agatha said:

That's fair enough, but I still like to argue my side of things, for fun if nothing else! :)

Cool. I think we're kind of on the same page anyway but from a different angle.. I think the other gods and leaders certainly owe her more respect than she gets.

1 hour ago, Barking Agatha said:

That's rather cruel. Naughty girls need love too.

Wasn't meant to be cruel. Not to Morathi anyway, maybe to the writers :D I just see her as being tougher than that. Its kinda like you said about Grimhilde being a more engaging character than Snow white - who's kind of a wet tissue. Making Morathi all weepy is making her more like Snow White than Grimhilde and I like Morathi better as avenging snake lady of the apocalypse.

GW have always been iconsistent with their writing about Morathi anyway. First she is channeling Khaine (4th to Early 6th) though she does get access to the Slaanesh spell deck if you look in your 4th ed book!, then Slaanesh (late 6th and 7th) then Atharti and Hekarti (8th) then just Hekarti (end times) now Khaine again in AoS. But I guess the consistency comes from the fact that she has never been a follower of the gods - she has always faked allegiance to whichever god suited her own purpose. So possibly its intentional.

1 hour ago, GammaMage said:

I think her seductions are more like charm spells than physical seductions -  I mean it also says she seduced the godbeast that had the iron heart of khaine! I don't even wanna know how that would work!xD

16 hours ago, xking said:

She did not "single-handedly defended the mortal realms" . She was about to get crushed until Sigmar showed up.  

better dont let her hear that...

otherwise she might turn you into...

image.png.9627a35c84d895cc5f7e034e7ad01395.png

;-)

remember poor Alwin the wise.

Archived