Tyrion and other HE characters

Leonhart040

Just found in a old box my high elves, with all the characters I had and some units. I'd like to play at least Tyrion and Teclis, now that rumours about their return are starting to appear, and before they get a new warscroll. Is there a way to play something that works at 1000-1500 points with both of them? I don't look for a competitive list, only something to have fun and don't get killed on first turn.

Those are the units I have:

Tyrion, Teclis, Alarielle, Khoril, Imrik, Caradryan, mage on foot, mage on horse, Altrhan on griffon, Althran on foot, Loremaster, sea helm.

20 island of blood seaguard, 20 island of blood swordmasters, 10 island of blood Ellyrion reavers, 16 silver helms, 30 archers, 5 dragon princes, 10 phoenix guard, 10 white lions, 2 repeater bolt throwers, 1 flamespyre phoenix, 1 dragon.

If I need to buy some of the still available units it woudl be fine.

Thank you!

Most of your characters would have to be played as generic high elf lords/heroes/wizards - particularly the dead ones! You can play them all together as a Grand Alliance Order army. Did Alith Anar get killed off? I can't remember? Possibly the coolest High Elf ever :D

This is the list of "counts as" from the high elves compendium (you can download the whole thing from the GW Website) - its free.

image.png.f4903c364812b9c21ec50b5ba38424b0.png

53 minutes ago, Twitch of Izalith said:

Most of your characters would have to be played as generic high elf lords/heroes/wizards - particularly the dead ones! You can play them all together as a Grand Alliance Order army. Did Alith Anar get killed off? I can't remember? Possibly the coolest High Elf ever :D

This is the list of "counts as" from the high elves compendium (you can download the whole thing from the GW Website) - its free.

image.png.f4903c364812b9c21ec50b5ba38424b0.png

Thanks, I've seen this new compendium, but the old one can be used also, that's why asked  I'd like to play with named chracters.

51 minutes ago, Leonhart040 said:

Thanks, I've seen this new compendium, but the old one can be used also, that's why asked  I'd like to play with named chracters.

Not in matched play games, no. They no longer have points values or current warscrolls. That said if you asked nicely I'm sure an opponent would let you use their old warscrolls and the points values from the original GHB. :) 

(beware, Teclis is quite good!)

8 minutes ago, Double Misfire said:

Not in matched play games, no. They no longer have points values or current warscrolls. That said if you asked nicely I'm sure an opponent would let you use their old warscrolls and the points values from the original GHB. :) 

(beware, Teclis is quite good!)

Yup, that's the case. I asked to my playgroup about it and there is no problem to use the old point values. In fact, other players use old points for named characters of Bretonnia, Empire,... That's why I said I'd like to use the for fun

I still don't understand why they had to remove all the named chars. The way they handled the update, it really just looks like they wanted to make compendium armies as bad as possible so that people have to buy new stuff from them.

54 minutes ago, Trayanee said:

I still don't understand why they had to remove all the named chars. The way they handled the update, it really just looks like they wanted to make compendium armies as bad as possible so that people have to buy new stuff from them.

1 things:

1. Those guys are gone in the lore.. so no reason to keep them around... you can use the substitute warscrolls if you want to use the models.

2.  That last sentence of yours is probably correct too :D

Archived